A Self-Powered and Flexible Organometallic Halide Perovskite Photodetector with Very High Detectivity
Hsiao, Vincent K. S.
Alshareef, Husam N.
Wang, Zhong Lin
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
KAUST Grant NumberOSR-2016-CRG5-3005
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626834
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFlexible and self-powered photodetectors (PDs) are highly desirable for applications in image sensing, smart building, and optical communications. In this paper, a self-powered and flexible PD based on the methylammonium lead iodide (CH3 NH3 PBI3 ) perovskite is demonstrated. Such a self-powered PD can operate even with irregular motion such as human finger tapping, which enables it to work without a bulky external power source. In addition, with high-quality CH3 NH3 PBI3 perovskite thin film fabricated with solvent engineering, the PD exhibits an impressive detectivity of 1.22 × 1013 Jones. In the self-powered voltage detection mode, it achieves a large responsivity of up to 79.4 V mW-1 cm-2 and a voltage response of up to ≈90%. Moreover, as the PD is made of flexible and transparent polymer films, it can operate under bending and functions at 360 Â° of illumination. As a result, the self-powered, flexible, 360 Â° omnidirectional perovskite PD, featuring high detectivity and responsivity along with real-world sensing capability, suggests a new direction for next-generation optical communications, sensing, and imaging applications.
CitationLeung S-F, Ho K-T, Kung P-K, Hsiao VKS, Alshareef HN, et al. (2018) A Self-Powered and Flexible Organometallic Halide Perovskite Photodetector with Very High Detectivity. Advanced Materials: 1704611. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201704611.
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Office of Sponsored Research (OSR-2016-CRG5-3005), KAUST Sensor Initiative, KAUST Solar Center, and KAUST baseline funding.
- Ultrahigh-Performance Self-Powered Flexible Double-Twisted Fibrous Broadband Perovskite Photodetector.
- Authors: Sun H, Tian W, Cao F, Xiong J, Li L
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Self-Powered All-Inorganic Perovskite Microcrystal Photodetectors with High Detectivity.
- Authors: Zhou H, Zeng J, Song Z, Grice CR, Chen C, Song Z, Zhao D, Wang H, Yan Y
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 19
- High-Performance Organolead Halide Perovskite-Based Self-Powered Triboelectric Photodetector.
- Authors: Su L, Zhao ZX, Li HY, Yuan J, Wang ZL, Cao GZ, Zhu G
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 24
- Flexible Photodetector Arrays Based on Patterned CH<sub>3</sub> NH<sub>3</sub> PbI<sub>3-</sub> <sub>x</sub> Cl<sub>x</sub> Perovskite Film for Real-Time Photosensing and Imaging.
- Authors: Wu W, Wang X, Han X, Yang Z, Gao G, Zhang Y, Hu J, Tan Y, Pan A, Pan C
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Self-powered broadband, high-detectivity and ultrafast photodetectors based on Pd-MoS2/Si heterojunctions.
- Authors: Hao LZ, Gao W, Liu YJ, Liu YM, Han ZD, Xue QZ, Zhu J
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 14