Evolution of nanomechanical properties and crystallinity of individual titanium dioxide nanotube resonators
Pirri, Candido Fabrizio
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626752
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerein a complete characterization of single TiO2 nanotube resonator was reported for the first time. The modal vibration response analysis allows a non-invasive indirect evaluation of the mechanical properties of the TiO2 nanotube. The effect of post-grown thermal treatments on nanotube mechanical properties was investigated and carefully correlated to the chemico-physical parameters evolution. The Young's modulus of TiO2 nanotube linearly rises from 57 GPa up to 105 GPa for annealing at 600°C depending on the compositional and crystallographic evolution of the nanostructure. Considering the growing interest in single nanostructure devices, the reported findings allow a deeper understanding of the properties of individual titanium dioxide nanotubes extrapolated from their standard arrayed architecture.
CitationStassi S, Lamberti A, Roppolo I, Casu A, Bianco S, et al. (2017) Evolution of nanomechanical properties and crystallinity of individual titanium dioxide nanotube resonators. Nanotechnology. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/aaa46c.
- Nanomechanics of biocompatible TiO(2) nanotubes by Interfacial Force Microscopy (IFM).
- Authors: Crawford GA, Chawla N, Houston JE
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Direct compressive measurements of individual titanium dioxide nanotubes.
- Authors: Shokuhfar T, Arumugam GK, Heiden PA, Yassar RS, Friedrich C
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 27
- In silico assembly and nanomechanical characterization of carbon nanotube buckypaper.
- Authors: Cranford SW, Buehler MJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 2
- Fabrication and deformation behaviour of multilayer Al2O3/Ti/TiO2 nanotube arrays.
- Authors: Baradaran S, Basirun WJ, Zalnezhad E, Hamdi M, Sarhan AA, Alias Y
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Tight-binding molecular dynamics study of the role of defects on carbon nanotube moduli and failure.
- Authors: Haskins RW, Maier RS, Ebeling RM, Marsh CP, Majure DL, Bednar AJ, Welch CR, Barker BC, Wu DT
- Issue date: 2007 Aug 21