Enhanced Performance of MoS2 Photodetectors by Inserting an ALD-Processed TiO2 Interlayer
Devi, Assa Aravindh Sasikala
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
Roqan, Iman S.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract2D molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) possesses excellent optoelectronic properties that make it a promising candidate for use in high-performance photodetectors. Yet, to meet the growing demand for practical and reliable MoS2 photodetectors, the critical issue of defect introduction to the interface between the exfoliated MoS2 and the electrode metal during fabrication must be addressed, because defects deteriorate the device performance. To achieve this objective, the use of an atomic layer-deposited TiO2 interlayer (between exfoliated MoS2 and electrode) is reported in this work, for the first time, to enhance the performance of MoS2 photodetectors. The TiO2 interlayer is inserted through 20 atomic layer deposition cycles before depositing the electrode metal on MoS2/SiO2 substrate, leading to significantly enhanced photoresponsivity and response speed. These results pave the way for practical applications and provide a novel direction for optimizing the interlayer material.
CitationPak Y, Park W, Mitra S, Sasikala Devi AA, Loganathan K, et al. (2017) Enhanced Performance of MoS2 Photodetectors by Inserting an ALD-Processed TiO2 Interlayer. Small: 1703176. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201703176.
SponsorsAuthors thank KAUST for the financial support.
- Layer-controlled precise fabrication of ultrathin MoS<sub>2</sub> films by atomic layer deposition.
- Authors: Liu L, Huang Y, Sha J, Chen Y
- Issue date: 2017 May 12
- Highly Uniform Atomic Layer-Deposited MoS<sub>2</sub>@3D-Ni-Foam: A Novel Approach To Prepare an Electrode for Supercapacitors.
- Authors: Nandi DK, Sahoo S, Sinha S, Yeo S, Kim H, Bulakhe RN, Heo J, Shim JJ, Kim SH
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 22
- Boosting Two-Dimensional MoS<sub>2</sub>/CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> Photodetectors via Enhanced Light Absorbance and Interfacial Carrier Separation.
- Authors: Song X, Liu X, Yu D, Huo C, Ji J, Li X, Zhang S, Zou Y, Zhu G, Wang Y, Wu M, Xie A, Zeng H
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 24
- Surface Plasmon-Enhanced Photodetection in Few Layer MoS2 Phototransistors with Au Nanostructure Arrays.
- Authors: Miao J, Hu W, Jing Y, Luo W, Liao L, Pan A, Wu S, Cheng J, Chen X, Lu W
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Photosensitivity Study of Metal-Semiconductor-Metal Photodetector Based on Chemical Vapor Deposited Monolayer MoS2.
- Authors: Le CT, Senthilkumar V, Kim YS
- Issue date: 2015 Oct