Rechargeable Aqueous Zinc-Ion Battery Based on Porous Framework Zinc Pyrovanadate Intercalation Cathode
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2017-12-11
Print Publication Date2018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626636
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this work, a microwave approach is developed to rapidly synthesize ultralong zinc pyrovanadate (Zn3V2O7(OH)2·2H2O, ZVO) nanowires with a porous crystal framework. It is shown that our synthesis strategy can easily be extended to fabricate other metal pyrovanadate compounds. The zinc pyrovanadate nanowires show significantly improved electrochemical performance when used as intercalation cathode for aqueous zinc–ion battery. Specifically, the ZVO cathode delivers high capacities of 213 and 76 mA h g−1 at current densities of 50 and 3000 mA g−1, respectively. Furthermore, the Zn//ZVO cells show good cycling stability up to 300 cycles. The estimated energy density of this Zn cell is ≈214Wh kg−1, which is much higher than commercial lead–acid batteries. Significant insight into the Zn-storage mechanism in the pyrovanadate cathodes is presented using multiple analytical methods. In addition, it is shown that our prototype device can power a 1.5 V temperature sensor for at least 24 h.
CitationXia C, Guo J, Lei Y, Liang H, Zhao C, et al. (2017) Rechargeable Aqueous Zinc-Ion Battery Based on Porous Framework Zinc Pyrovanadate Intercalation Cathode. Advanced Materials: 1705580. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201705580.
SponsorsC.X. and J.G. contributed equally to this work. Research reported in this publication has been supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
- Stitching of Zn(3)(OH)(2)V(2)O(7)·2H(2)O 2D Nanosheets by 1D Carbon Nanotubes Boosts Ultrahigh Rate for Wearable Quasi-Solid-State Zinc-Ion Batteries.
- Authors: Pan Z, Yang J, Yang J, Zhang Q, Zhang H, Li X, Kou Z, Zhang Y, Chen H, Yan C, Wang J
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 28
- Hierarchical Porous Metallic V(2)O(3)@C for Advanced Aqueous Zinc-Ion Batteries.
- Authors: Ding Y, Peng Y, Chen S, Zhang X, Li Z, Zhu L, Mo LE, Hu L
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 27
- Layered Birnessite Cathode with a Displacement/Intercalation Mechanism for High-Performance Aqueous Zinc-Ion Batteries.
- Authors: Zhai XZ, Qu J, Hao SM, Jing YQ, Chang W, Wang J, Li W, Abdelkrim Y, Yuan H, Yu ZZ
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 18
- Robust VS(4)@rGO nanocomposite as a high-capacity and long-life cathode material for aqueous zinc-ion batteries.
- Authors: Chen K, Li X, Zang J, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Lou Q, Bai Y, Fu J, Zhuang C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Dai S, Shan C
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 28
- Highly Durable Na(2)V(6)O(16)·1.63H(2)O Nanowire Cathode for Aqueous Zinc-Ion Battery.
- Authors: Hu P, Zhu T, Wang X, Wei X, Yan M, Li J, Luo W, Yang W, Zhang W, Zhou L, Zhou Z, Mai L
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 14