Effective Acetylene/Ethylene Separation at Ambient Conditions by a Pigment-Based Covalent-Triazine Framework
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Grant NumberFCC/1/1972-19
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel covalent-triazine framework (CTF-PO71) is designed and prepared from an organic pigment molecule for high-performance gas separation. The functional sites with different electrostatic potentials on the pore surface of CTF-PO71 demonstrate a strong interaction between C2H2 and CTF-PO71 to achieve preferential adsorption of C2H2 over C2H4, thus enabling effective capture of a trace amount of C2H2 from the gas mixture. This is the first organic porous polymer that is capable of separating C2H2 and C2H4. The commercial availability and the low cost of the pigment as well as the high stability of the resultant framework endow CTF-PO71 with a significant potential for practical applications.
CitationLu Y, He J, Chen Y, Wang H, Zhao Y, et al. (2017) Effective Acetylene/Ethylene Separation at Ambient Conditions by a Pigment-Based Covalent-Triazine Framework. Macromolecular Rapid Communications: 1700468. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/marc.201700468.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 21402136 and 21603161), Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin City (Grant No. 16JCYBJC17000). Y.F.Z. acknowledges support from “Youth Thousand Talents Program” of Tianjin City. Y.H. thanks the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology for offering the CCF grant (FCC/1/1972-19) to support this study.
- An Ideal Molecular Sieve for Acetylene Removal from Ethylene with Record Selectivity and Productivity.
- Authors: Li B, Cui X, O'Nolan D, Wen HM, Jiang M, Krishna R, Wu H, Lin RB, Chen YS, Yuan D, Xing H, Zhou W, Ren Q, Qian G, Zaworotko MJ, Chen B
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Rationally tuned micropores within enantiopure metal-organic frameworks for highly selective separation of acetylene and ethylene.
- Authors: Xiang SC, Zhang Z, Zhao CG, Hong K, Zhao X, Ding DR, Xie MH, Wu CD, Das MC, Gill R, Thomas KM, Chen B
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 22
- Covalent triazine-based framework: A promising adsorbent for removal of perfluoroalkyl acids from aqueous solution.
- Authors: Wang B, Lee LS, Wei C, Fu H, Zheng S, Xu Z, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Chemically Activated Covalent Triazine Frameworks with Enhanced Textural Properties for High Capacity Gas Storage.
- Authors: Lee YJ, Talapaneni SN, Coskun A
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 13
- Microwave-enhanced synthesis of magnetic porous covalent triazine-based framework composites for fast separation of organic dye from aqueous solution.
- Authors: Zhang W, Liang F, Li C, Qiu LG, Yuan YP, Peng FM, Jiang X, Xie AJ, Shen YH, Zhu JF
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 28