Hybrid Organic/Inorganic Perovskite–Polymer Nanocomposites: Toward the Enhancement of Structural and Electrical Properties
de Bastiani, Michele
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHybrid organic/inorganic perovskite nanoparticles (NPs) have garnered remarkable research attention because of their promising photophysical properties. New and interesting properties emerge after combining perovskite NPs with semiconducting materials. Here, we report the synthesis and investigation of a composite material obtained by mixing CH3NH3PbBr3 nanocrystals with the semiconducting polymer poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT). By the combination of structural techniques and optical and magnetic spectroscopies we observed multiple effects of the perovskite NPs on the P3HT: (i) an enlargement of P3HT crystalline domains, (ii) a strong p-doping of the P3HT, and (iii) an enhancement of interchain order typical of H-aggregates. These observations open a new avenue toward innovative perovskite NP-based applications.
CitationPrivitera A, Righetto M, De Bastiani M, Carraro F, Rancan M, et al. (2017) Hybrid Organic/Inorganic Perovskite–Polymer Nanocomposites: Toward the Enhancement of Structural and Electrical Properties. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters: 5981–5986. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.7b03077.
SponsorsFinancial support from Centro Studi di Economia e Tecnica dell’Energia Giorgio Levi Cases of the University of Padova is gratefully acknowledged (project OPERA). G.G. and F.C. thank the MAECI (Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale) for the support through the bilateral Italy–China GRAPE-MAT project. Finally, we thank Prof. Osman Bakr for fruitful discussion and suggestions on our results.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Conjugated polymer P3HT-Au hybrid nanostructures for enhancing photocatalytic activity.
- Authors: Jana B, Bhattacharyya S, Patra A
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 21
- Bifunctional Polymer Nanocomposites as Hole-Transport Layers for Efficient Light Harvesting: Application to Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Wang JY, Hsu FC, Huang JY, Wang L, Chen YF
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 23
- Semiconducting conjugated polymer-inorganic tetrapod nanocomposites.
- Authors: Jung J, Pang X, Feng C, Lin Z
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 25
- Intimate organic-inorganic nanocomposites via rationally designed conjugated polymer-grafted precursors.
- Authors: Jung J, Yoon YJ, Lin Z
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 28
- Composite Layer-by-Layer (LBL) assembly with inorganic nanoparticles and nanowires.
- Authors: Srivastava S, Kotov NA
- Issue date: 2008 Dec