High-Performance Ultraviolet-to-Infrared Broadband Perovskite Photodetectors Achieved via Inter-/Intraband Transitions
AuthorsAlwadai, Norah Mohammed Mosfer
Flemban, Tahani H.
Roqan, Iman S.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA high-performance vertically injected broadband UV-to-IR photodetector based on Gd-doped ZnO nanorods (NRs)/CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite heterojunction was fabricated on metal substrates. Our perovskite-based photodetector is sensitive to a broad spectral range, from ultraviolet to infrared light region (λ = 250–1357 nm). Such structure leads to a high photoresponsivity of 28 and 0.22 A/W, for white light and IR illumination, respectively, with high detectivity values of 1.1 × 1012 and 9.3 × 109 Jones. Optical characterizations demonstrate that the IR detection is due to intraband transition in the perovskite material. Metal substrate boosts carrier injection, resulting in higher responsivity compared to the conventional devices grown on glass, whereas the presence of Gd increases the ZnO NRs performance. For the first time, the perovskite-based photodetector is demonstrated to extend its detection capability to IR (>1000 nm) with high room temperature responsivity across the detected spectrum, leading to a high-performance ingenious cost-effective UV-to-IR broadband photodetector design for large-scale applications.
CitationAlwadai N, Haque MA, Mitra S, Flemban T, Pak Y, et al. (2017) High-Performance Ultraviolet-to-Infrared Broadband Perovskite Photodetectors Achieved via Inter-/Intraband Transitions. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b09705.
SponsorsWe thank KAUST for the financial support.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Inkjet-Printed Photodetector Arrays Based on Hybrid Perovskite CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbI<sub>3</sub> Microwires.
- Authors: Liu Y, Li F, Perumal Veeramalai C, Chen W, Guo T, Wu C, Kim TW
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 5
- Stable High-Performance Flexible Photodetector Based on Upconversion Nanoparticles/Perovskite Microarrays Composite.
- Authors: Li J, Shen Y, Liu Y, Shi F, Ren X, Niu T, Zhao K, Liu SF
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 7
- High-Sensitive Ultraviolet Photodetectors Based on ZnO Nanorods/CdS Heterostructures.
- Authors: Lam KT, Hsiao YJ, Ji LW, Fang TH, Hsiao KH, Chu TT
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Graphene photodetectors with ultra-broadband and high responsivity at room temperature.
- Authors: Liu CH, Chang YC, Norris TB, Zhong Z
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Ultra-broadband and high response of the Bi2Te3-Si heterojunction and its application as a photodetector at room temperature in harsh working environments.
- Authors: Yao J, Shao J, Wang Y, Zhao Z, Yang G
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 7