High-Performance Ultraviolet-to-Infrared Broadband Perovskite Photodetectors Achieved via Inter-/Intraband Transitions
AuthorsAlwadai, Norah M.
Flemban, Tahani H.
Roqan, Iman S.
KAUST DepartmentLaboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Semiconductor and Material Spectroscopy (SMS) Laboratory
Online Publication Date2017-10-17
Print Publication Date2017-11
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626045
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA high-performance vertically injected broadband UV-to-IR photodetector based on Gd-doped ZnO nanorods (NRs)/CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite heterojunction was fabricated on metal substrates. Our perovskite-based photodetector is sensitive to a broad spectral range, from ultraviolet to infrared light region (λ = 250–1357 nm). Such structure leads to a high photoresponsivity of 28 and 0.22 A/W, for white light and IR illumination, respectively, with high detectivity values of 1.1 × 1012 and 9.3 × 109 Jones. Optical characterizations demonstrate that the IR detection is due to intraband transition in the perovskite material. Metal substrate boosts carrier injection, resulting in higher responsivity compared to the conventional devices grown on glass, whereas the presence of Gd increases the ZnO NRs performance. For the first time, the perovskite-based photodetector is demonstrated to extend its detection capability to IR (>1000 nm) with high room temperature responsivity across the detected spectrum, leading to a high-performance ingenious cost-effective UV-to-IR broadband photodetector design for large-scale applications.
CitationAlwadai N, Haque MA, Mitra S, Flemban T, Pak Y, et al. (2017) High-Performance Ultraviolet-to-Infrared Broadband Perovskite Photodetectors Achieved via Inter-/Intraband Transitions. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b09705.
SponsorsWe thank KAUST for the financial support.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Germanium/perovskite heterostructure for high-performance and broadband photodetector from visible to infrared telecommunication band.
- Authors: Hu W, Cong H, Huang W, Huang Y, Chen L, Pan A, Xue C
- Issue date: 2019
- All-solution-processed UV-IR broadband trilayer photodetectors with CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> colloidal nanocrystals as carriers-extracting layer.
- Authors: Saleem MI, Yang S, Sulaman M, Hu J, Chandrasekar PV, Shi Y, Zhi R, Batool A, Zou B
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 17
- High responsivity and fast UV-vis-short-wavelength IR photodetector based on Cd<sub>3</sub>As<sub>2</sub>/MoS<sub>2</sub> heterojunction.
- Authors: Huang Z, Jiang Y, Han Q, Yang M, Han J, Wang F, Luo M, Li Q, Zhu H, Liu X, Gou J, Wang J
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 28
- Toward Broadband Imaging: Surface-Engineered PbS Quantum Dot/Perovskite Composite Integrated Ultrasensitive Photodetectors.
- Authors: Zhang JY, Xu JL, Chen T, Gao X, Wang SD
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 27
- Ultra-Broadband Flexible Photodetector Based on Topological Crystalline Insulator SnTe with High Responsivity.
- Authors: Yang J, Yu W, Pan Z, Yu Q, Yin Q, Guo L, Zhao Y, Sun T, Bao Q, Zhang K
- Issue date: 2018 Sep