Thiols make for better catalysts: Au nanoparticles supported on functional SBA-15 for catalysis of Ullmann-type homocouplings
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626014
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA strategy for arraying small gold nanoparticles on a mesoporous support modified with single-component or mixed self-assembled monolayers is described. The use of mixed surface modifiers allows easy access to a range of surface chemistries and modalities of interaction between nanoparticles and supports. A combination of thiol groups and linear semifluorinated chains effectively stabilized the nanoparticles against aggregation, while preserving their catalytic activity. The thiol-fluorous-supported catalyst was found active in Ullmann-type homocoupling of aryl halides and showed exceptional selectivity in this reaction.
CitationChen T, Chen B-T, Bukhryakov KV, Rodionov VO (2017) Thiols make for better catalysts: Au nanoparticles supported on functional SBA-15 for catalysis of Ullmann-type homocouplings. Chem Commun 53: 11638–11641. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc06146c.
SponsorsThis research was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- CO Oxidation at 20 °C on Au Catalysts Supported on Mesoporous Silica: Effects of Support Structural Properties and Modifiers.
- Authors: Moreno-Martell A, Pawelec B, Nava R, Mota N, Escamilla-Perea L, Navarro RM, Fierro JLG
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 4
- Synthesis of DMF-protected Au NPs with different size distributions and their catalytic performance in the Ullmann homocoupling of aryl iodides.
- Authors: Yao W, Gong WJ, Li HX, Li FL, Gao J, Lang JP
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 14
- Unexpected golden Ullmann reaction catalyzed by Au nanoparticles supported on periodic mesoporous organosilica (PMO).
- Authors: Karimi B, Esfahani FK
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 7
- Polymeric carbon nitride/mesoporous silica composites as catalyst support for Au and Pt nanoparticles.
- Authors: Xiao P, Zhao Y, Wang T, Zhan Y, Wang H, Li J, Thomas A, Zhu J
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 3
- CeO2-modified Au@SBA-15 nanocatalysts for liquid-phase selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol.
- Authors: Wang T, Yuan X, Li S, Zeng L, Gong J
- Issue date: 2015 May 7