Ultralong Radiative States in Hybrid Perovskite Crystals: Compositions for Submillimeter Diffusion Lengths
El-Zohry, Ahmed M.
Zhumekenov, Ayan A.
Malko, Anton V.
Mohammed, Omar F.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626003
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOrganic-inorganic hybrid perovskite materials have recently evolved into the leading candidate solution-processed semiconductor for solar cells due to their combination of desirable optical and charge transport properties. Chief among these properties is the long carrier diffusion length, which is essential to optimizing the device architecture and performance. Herein, we used time-resolved photoluminescence (at low excitation fluence, 10.59 μJ·cm upon two-photon excitation), which is the most accurate and direct approach to measure the radiative charge carrier lifetime and diffusion lengths. Lifetimes of about 72 and 4.3 μs for FAPbBr and FAPbI perovskite single crystals have been recorded, presenting the longest radiative carrier lifetimes reported to date for perovskite materials. Subsequently, carrier diffusion lengths of 107.2 and 19.7 μm are obtained. In addition, we demonstrate the key role of the organic cation units in modulating the carrier lifetime and its diffusion lengths, in which the defect formation energies for FA cations are much higher than those with the MA ones.
CitationAlarousu E, El-Zohry AM, Yin J, Zhumekenov AA, Yang C, et al. (2017) Ultralong Radiative States in Hybrid Perovskite Crystals: Compositions for Submillimeter Diffusion Lengths. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 8: 4386–4390. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.7b01922.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge funding support from KAUST, Saudi Aramco, and Technology Innovation Center for Solid-State Lighting at KAUST. A.V.M. gratefully acknowledges the support from CRDF Global.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Hybrid Perovskites for Photovoltaics: Charge-Carrier Recombination, Diffusion, and Radiative Efficiencies.
- Authors: Johnston MB, Herz LM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 19
- Charge carrier recombination dynamics in a bi-cationic perovskite solar cell.
- Authors: Zhao JS, Wang HY, Yu M, Hao MY, Yuan S, Qin Y, Fu LM, Zhang JP, Ai XC
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 20
- Migration of Constituent Protons in Hybrid Organic-Inorganic Perovskite Triggers Intrinsic Doping.
- Authors: Cardenas-Daw C, Simon T, Stolarczyk JK, Feldmann J
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 22
- Halogen Migration in Hybrid Perovskites: The Organic Cation Matters.
- Authors: Oranskaia A, Yin J, Bakr OM, Brédas JL, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 20
- Perovskite CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbI<sub>3-x</sub>Br<sub>x</sub> Single Crystals with Charge-Carrier Lifetimes Exceeding 260 μs.
- Authors: Zhang F, Yang B, Mao X, Yang R, Jiang L, Li Y, Xiong J, Yang Y, He R, Deng W, Han K
- Issue date: 2017 May 3