A robust interrupted time series model for analyzing complex health care intervention data
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Statistics Program; King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST); Thuwal Saudi Arabia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCurrent health policy calls for greater use of evidence-based care delivery services to improve patient quality and safety outcomes. Care delivery is complex, with interacting and interdependent components that challenge traditional statistical analytic techniques, in particular, when modeling a time series of outcomes data that might be
CitationCruz M, Bender M, Ombao H (2017) A robust interrupted time series model for analyzing complex health care intervention data. Statistics in Medicine. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sim.7443.
SponsorsThis study was funded in part by the Commission on Nurse Certification, and based upon work supported by the Eugene Cota-Robles Fellowship at the University of California, Irvine, the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship under Grant No. DGE-1321846, and by the NSF MMS1461534 and NSF DMS1509023 grants. Any opinion, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
JournalStatistics in Medicine
- Use of interrupted time series analysis in evaluating health care quality improvements.
- Authors: Penfold RB, Zhang F
- Issue date: 2013 Nov-Dec
- Impact of a district-wide health center strengthening intervention on healthcare utilization in rural Rwanda: Use of interrupted time series analysis.
- Authors: Iyer HS, Hirschhorn LR, Nisingizwe MP, Kamanzi E, Drobac PC, Rwabukwisi FC, Law MR, Muhire A, Rusanganwa V, Basinga P
- Issue date: 2017
- The use of segmented regression in analysing interrupted time series studies: an example in pre-hospital ambulance care.
- Authors: Taljaard M, McKenzie JE, Ramsay CR, Grimshaw JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 19
- From concept to application: the impact of a community-wide intervention to improve the delivery of preventive services to children.
- Authors: Margolis PA, Stevens R, Bordley WC, Stuart J, Harlan C, Keyes-Elstein L, Wisseh S
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Interventions to reduce waiting times for elective procedures.
- Authors: Ballini L, Negro A, Maltoni S, Vignatelli L, Flodgren G, Simera I, Holmes J, Grilli R
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 23