One-Pot Synthesis of Size- and Composition-Controlled Ni-Rich NiPt Alloy Nanoparticles in a Reverse Microemulsion System and Their Application
Anjum, Dalaver H.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia
Imaging & Characterization Core Lab, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBimetallic nanoparticles have been the subject of numerous research studies in the nanotechnology field, in particular for catalytic applications. Control of the size, morphology, and composition has become a key challenge due to the relationship between these parameters and the catalytic behavior of the particles in terms of activity, selectivity, and stability. Here, we present a one-pot air synthesis of 2 nm NiPt nanoparticles with a narrow size distribution. Control of the size and composition of the alloy particles is achieved at ambient temperature, in the aqueous phase, by the simultaneous reduction of nickel and platinum precursors with hydrazine, using a reverse microemulsion system. After deposition on an alumina support, this Ni-rich nanoalloy exhibits unprecedented stability under the harsh conditions of methane dry reforming.
CitationBiausque GM, Laveille PV, Anjum DH, Zhang B, Zhang X, et al. (2017) One-Pot Synthesis of Size- and Composition-Controlled Ni-Rich NiPt Alloy Nanoparticles in a Reverse Microemulsion System and Their Application. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 9: 30643–30653. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b08201.
SponsorsWe thank Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) for its financial support and scientific contribution as well as KAUST for their exceptional facilities.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Surface Spectroscopy on UHV-Grown and Technological Ni-ZrO<sub>2</sub> Reforming Catalysts: From UHV to Operando Conditions.
- Authors: Anic K, Wolfbeisser A, Li H, Rameshan C, Föttinger K, Bernardi J, Rupprechter G
- Issue date: 2016
- Efficient and robust reforming catalyst in severe reaction conditions by nanoprecursor reduction in confined space.
- Authors: Dacquin JP, Sellam D, Batiot-Dupeyrat C, Tougerti A, Duprez D, Royer S
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Preparation of Cu-Ni alloy nanocrystallites in water-in-oil microemulsions.
- Authors: Feng J, Zhang CP
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 15
- Molecularly Tailored Nickel Precursor and Support Yield a Stable Methane Dry Reforming Catalyst with Superior Metal Utilization.
- Authors: Margossian T, Larmier K, Kim SM, Krumeich F, Fedorov A, Chen P, Müller CR, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2017 May 24
- Carbon monoxide-assisted size confinement of bimetallic alloy nanoparticles.
- Authors: Cui C, Gan L, Neumann M, Heggen M, Cuenya BR, Strasser P
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 2