Well-defined silica supported bipodal molybdenum oxo alkyl complexes: a model of the active sites of industrial olefin metathesis catalysts
Le Quéméner, Frédéric
Szeto, Kai C.
De Mallmann, Aimery
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625827
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA well-defined, silica-supported molybdenum oxo alkyl species, ([triple bond, length as m-dash]SiO-)2Mo([double bond, length as m-dash]O)(CH2tBu)2, was prepared by the selective grafting of Mo([double bond, length as m-dash]O)(CH2tBu)3Cl onto a silica partially dehydroxylated at 200 °C using a rigorous surface organometallic chemistry approach. The immobilized bipodal surface species, partly resembling the active species of industrial MoO3/SiO2 olefin metathesis catalysts, exhibited excellent functional group tolerance in conjunction with its high activity in homocoupling, self and ring closing olefin metathesis.
CitationMerle N, Le Quéméner F, Barman S, Samantaray MK, Szeto KC, et al. (2017) Well-defined silica supported bipodal molybdenum oxo alkyl complexes: a model of the active sites of industrial olefin metathesis catalysts. Chem Commun. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc06041f.
SponsorsThis study was supported by the Competitive Research Grant Program, supported by the KAUST Research Fund (project # 2174 CRG3). We would like to thank Olivier Mathon for his help during the recording of the XAS spectra on the BM23 beam-line at ESRF (experiment code IN-986).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Well-Defined Molybdenum Oxo Alkyl Complex Supported on Silica by Surface Organometallic Chemistry: A Highly Active Olefin Metathesis Precatalyst.
- Authors: Merle N, Le Quéméner F, Bouhoute Y, Szeto KC, De Mallmann A, Barman S, Samantaray MK, Delevoye L, Gauvin RM, Taoufik M, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 15
- Silica-supported isolated molybdenum di-oxo species: formation and activation with organosilicon agent for olefin metathesis.
- Authors: Yamamoto K, Chan KW, Mougel V, Nagae H, Tsurugi H, Safonova OV, Mashima K, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 17
- Silica-Supported Molybdenum Oxo Alkylidenes: Bridging the Gap between Internal and Terminal Olefin Metathesis.
- Authors: Pucino M, Zhai F, Gordon CP, Mance D, Hoveyda AH, Schrock RR, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 19
- Development of the first well-defined tungsten oxo alkyl derivatives supported on silica by SOMC: towards a model of WO3/SiO2 olefin metathesis catalyst.
- Authors: Mazoyer E, Merle N, de Mallmann A, Basset JM, Berrier E, Delevoye L, Paul JF, Nicholas CP, Gauvin RM, Taoufik M
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 21
- Alkyne Metathesis with Silica-Supported and Molecular Catalysts at Parts-per-Million Loadings.
- Authors: Estes DP, Bittner C, Àrias Ò, Casey M, Fedorov A, Tamm M, Copéret C
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2