MAu2GeS4-Chalcogel (M = Co, Ni): Heterogeneous Intra- and Intermolecular Hydroamination Catalysts
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2017-08-08
Print Publication Date2017-08-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625726
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh surface area macroporous chalcogenide aerogels (chalcogels) MAu2GeS4 (M = Co, Ni) were prepared from K2Au2GeS4 precursor and Co(OAc)2 or NiCl2 by one-pot sol-gel metathesis reactions in aqueous media. The MAu2GeS4-chalcogels were screened for catalytic intramolecular hydroamination of 4-pentyn-1-amine substrate at different temperatures. 87% and 58% conversion was achieved at 100 °C, using CoAu2GeS4- and NiAu2GeS4-chalcogels respectively, and the reaction kinetics follows the first order. It was established that the catalytic performance of the aerogels is associated with the M(2+) centers present in the structure. Intermolecular hydroamination of aniline with 1-R-4-ethynylbenzene (R = -H, -OCH3, -Br, -F) was carried out at 100 °C using CoAu2GeS4-chalcogel catalyst, due to its promising catalytic performance. The CoAu2GeS4-chalcogel regioselectively converted the pair of substrates to respective Markovnikov products, (E)-1-(4-R-phenyl)-N-phenylethan-1-imine, with 38% to 60% conversion.
CitationDavaasuren B, Emwas A-H, Rothenberger A (2017) MAu2GeS4-Chalcogel (M = Co, Ni): Heterogeneous Intra- and Intermolecular Hydroamination Catalysts. Inorganic Chemistry 56: 9609–9616. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.inorgchem.7b01099.
SponsorsThis research was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) baseline funding. We would like to thank Prof. P. W. Roesky for the advice in catalytic activity measurement and Dr. E. Ahmed for the assistance in chalcogel preparation.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
. DOI: 10.5517/ccdc.csd.cc1nxc86 HANDLE: 10754/663842
- [Ir(COD)Cl]2 as a catalyst precursor for the intramolecular hydroamination of unactivated alkenes with primary amines and secondary alkyl- or arylamines: a combined catalytic, mechanistic, and computational investigation.
- Authors: Hesp KD, Tobisch S, Stradiotto M
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 13
- Tunable biomimetic chalcogels with Fe4S4 cores and [Sn(n)S(2n+2)](4-)(n = 1, 2, 4) building blocks for solar fuel catalysis.
- Authors: Shim Y, Yuhas BD, Dyar SM, Smeigh AL, Douvalis AP, Wasielewski MR, Kanatzidis MG
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 13
- On the mechanism of Ni(ii)-promoted Michael-type hydroamination of acrylonitrile and its substituted derivatives.
- Authors: Lapointe S, Zargarian D
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 12
- Enhanced photochemical hydrogen evolution from Fe4S4-based biomimetic chalcogels containing M2+ (M = Pt, Zn, Co, Ni, Sn) centers.
- Authors: Shim Y, Young RM, Douvalis AP, Dyar SM, Yuhas BD, Bakas T, Wasielewski MR, Kanatzidis MG
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 24