Tanna, Vijesh A.
Nonnenmann, Stephen S.
Winter, H. Henning
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLayered zeolite precursors were successfully exfoliated by brief shearing or sonication with the assistance of commercially available telechelic liquid polybutadienes at room temperature. The exfoliated zeolite nanosheets can form a stable suspension in an organic solvent, providing exciting potential for the fabrication of zeolite membranes, composite materials and hierarchical zeolites.
CitationSabnis S, Tanna VA, Li C, Zhu J, Vattipalli V, et al. (2017) Exfoliation of two-dimensional zeolites in liquid polybutadienes. Chem Commun 53: 7011–7014. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc03256k.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Catalysis Center for Energy Innovation, an Energy Frontier Research Center funded by the US Department of Energy, Office of Science, and Office of Basic Energy Sciences under award number DE-SC0001004 and US National Science Foundation (CMMI-1334460).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Dispersible exfoliated zeolite nanosheets and their application as a selective membrane.
- Authors: Varoon K, Zhang X, Elyassi B, Brewer DD, Gettel M, Kumar S, Lee JA, Maheshwari S, Mittal A, Sung CY, Cococcioni M, Francis LF, McCormick AV, Mkhoyan KA, Tsapatsis M
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 7
- Ultra-selective high-flux membranes from directly synthesized zeolite nanosheets.
- Authors: Jeon MY, Kim D, Kumar P, Lee PS, Rangnekar N, Bai P, Shete M, Elyassi B, Lee HS, Narasimharao K, Basahel SN, Al-Thabaiti S, Xu W, Cho HJ, Fetisov EO, Thyagarajan R, DeJaco RF, Fan W, Mkhoyan KA, Siepmann JI, Tsapatsis M
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 30
- Open-Pore Two-Dimensional MFI Zeolite Nanosheets for the Fabrication of Hydrocarbon-Isomer-Selective Membranes on Porous Polymer Supports.
- Authors: Zhang H, Xiao Q, Guo X, Li N, Kumar P, Rangnekar N, Jeon MY, Al-Thabaiti S, Narasimharao K, Basahel SN, Topuz B, Onorato FJ, Macosko CW, Mkhoyan KA, Tsapatsis M
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 13
- Extremely efficient liquid exfoliation and dispersion of layered materials by unusual acoustic cavitation.
- Authors: Han JT, Jang JI, Kim H, Hwang JY, Yoo HK, Woo JS, Choi S, Kim HY, Jeong HJ, Jeong SY, Baeg KJ, Cho K, Lee GW
- Issue date: 2014 May 30