Synthesis and Exciton Dynamics of Donor-Orthogonal Acceptor Conjugated Polymers: Reducing the Singlet–Triplet Energy Gap
AuthorsFreeman, David M. E.
Musser, Andrew J.
Frost, Jarvist M.
Stern, Hannah L.
Forster, Alexander K.
Fallon, Kealan J.
Rapidis, Alexandros G.
Clarke, Tracey M.
Friend, Richard H.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe presence of energetically low-lying triplet states is a hallmark of organic semiconductors. Even though they present a wealth of interesting photophysical properties, these optically dark states significantly limit optoelectronic device performance. Recent advances in emissive charge-transfer molecules have pioneered routes to reduce the energy gap between triplets and
CitationFreeman DME, Musser AJ, Frost JM, Stern HL, Forster AK, et al. (2017) Synthesis and Exciton Dynamics of Donor-Orthogonal Acceptor Conjugated Polymers: Reducing the Singlet–Triplet Energy Gap. Journal of the American Chemical Society 139: 11073–11080. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.7b03327.
SponsorsPart of this work was funded by EU project 679789 – 455 CONTREX, EC H2020 SYNCHRONICS (643238), EC H2020 SOLEDLIGHT (643791) and EPSRC (EP/M005143/1) A.J.M. was supported by the EPSRC (EP/456M01083X). J.M.F. was supported by EPSRC (EP/K016288/1). F.C. is a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award holder. H.L.S. was supported by the Winton Programme 457 for the Physics of Sustainability. We are grateful to the Imperial College High Performance Computing Service (doi: 10.14469/hpc/2232).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Triplet excited state properties in variable gap π-conjugated donor-acceptor-donor chromophores.
- Authors: Cekli S, Winkel RW, Alarousu E, Mohammed OF, Schanze KS
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- New Triplet Sensitization Routes for Photon Upconversion: Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Molecules, Inorganic Nanocrystals, and Singlet-to-Triplet Absorption.
- Authors: Yanai N, Kimizuka N
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 17
- The Role of Local Triplet Excited States and D-A Relative Orientation in Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence: Photophysics and Devices.
- Authors: Dias FB, Santos J, Graves DR, Data P, Nobuyasu RS, Fox MA, Batsanov AS, Palmeira T, Berberan-Santos MN, Bryce MR, Monkman AP
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- On the singlet-triplet splitting of geminate electron-hole pairs in organic semiconductors.
- Authors: Difley S, Beljonne D, Van Voorhis T
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 19
- Triplet harvesting with 100% efficiency by way of thermally activated delayed fluorescence in charge transfer OLED emitters.
- Authors: Dias FB, Bourdakos KN, Jankus V, Moss KC, Kamtekar KT, Bhalla V, Santos J, Bryce MR, Monkman AP
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 19