Hollow Co2P nanoflowers organized by nanorods for ultralong cycle-life supercapacitors
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHollow Co2P nanoflowers (Co2P HNF) are successfully prepared via a one-step, template-free method. Microstructure analysis reveals that Co2P HNF is assembled by nanorods, possesses abundant mesopores and a amorphous carbon shell. Density functional theory calculation and electrochemical measurements demonstrate the high electrical conductivity of Co2P. Benefiting from the unique nanostructures, when employed as electrode material for supercapacitors, Co2P HNF exhibits a high specific capacitance, an outstanding rate capability, and an ultralong cycle stability. Furthermore,. the constructed Co2P HNF//AC ASC yields a high energy density of 30.5 Wh kg-1 at a power density of 850 W kg-1, along with an superior cycling performance (108.0% specific capacitance retained after 10000 cycles at 5 A g-1). These impressive results make Co2P HNF a promising candidate for supercapacitor applications.
CitationCheng M, Fan H, Xu Y, Wang R, Zhang xixiang (2017) Hollow Co2P nanoflowers organized by nanorods for ultralong cycle-life supercapacitors. Nanoscale. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7nr04464j.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.51371015, 51331002, 51501004), the Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Project (No. Z17111000220000), and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Shape-Controlled Synthesis of Co2P Nanostructures and Their Application in Supercapacitors.
- Authors: Chen X, Cheng M, Chen D, Wang R
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 17
- MnO2 Nanosheets Grown on Nitrogen-Doped Hollow Carbon Shells as a High-Performance Electrode for Asymmetric Supercapacitors.
- Authors: Li L, Li R, Gai S, Ding S, He F, Zhang M, Yang P
- Issue date: 2015 May 4
- Interconnected hierarchical NiCo<sub>2</sub>O<sub>4</sub> microspheres as high-performance electrode materials for supercapacitors.
- Authors: Cheng M, Fan H, Song Y, Cui Y, Wang R
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 18
- A green and high energy density asymmetric supercapacitor based on ultrathin MnO2 nanostructures and functional mesoporous carbon nanotube electrodes.
- Authors: Jiang H, Li C, Sun T, Ma J
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 7
- Soybean Root-Derived Hierarchical Porous Carbon as Electrode Material for High-Performance Supercapacitors in Ionic Liquids.
- Authors: Guo N, Li M, Wang Y, Sun X, Wang F, Yang R
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 14