de Bastiani, Michele
Alamer, Badriah Jaber
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625293
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCsPb2Br5 is a ternary halogen-plumbate material with close characteristics to well-reported halide perovskites. Due to its unconventional two-dimensional structure, CsPb2Br5 is being looked at broadly for potential applications in optoelectronics. CsPb2Br5 investigations are currently limited to nanostructures and powder forms of the material, which present unclear and conflicting optical properties. In this study, we present the synthesis and characterization of CsPb2Br5 bulk single crystals, which enabled us to finally clarify the material's optical features. Our CsPb2Br5 crystal has a two-dimensional structure with Pb2Br5- layers spaced by Cs+ cations, and exhibits a ~3.1 eV indirect bandgap with no emission in the visible spectrum.
CitationDursun I, De Bastiani M, Turedi B, Alamer B, Shkurenko A, et al. (2017) CsPb2Br5 Single Crystals: Synthesis and Characterization. ChemSusChem. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cssc.201701131.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge the financial support of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Saudi Aramco.
CollectionsArticles; Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center; Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division; Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3); Chemical Science Program; Materials Science and Engineering Program; KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC); KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
- Large-Scale Synthesis of Highly Luminescent Perovskite-Related CsPb2 Br5 Nanoplatelets and Their Fast Anion Exchange.
- Authors: Wang KH, Wu L, Li L, Yao HB, Qian HS, Yu SH
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 11
- Extrinsic Green Photoluminescence from the Edges of 2D Cesium Lead Halides.
- Authors: Wang C, Wang Y, Su X, Hadjiev VG, Dai S, Qin Z, Calderon Benavides HA, Ni Y, Li Q, Jian J, Alam MK, Wang H, Robles Hernandez FC, Yao Y, Chen S, Yu Q, Feng G, Wang Z, Bao J
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Synthesis, Crystal Structure, and Optical Gap of Two-Dimensional Halide Solid Solutions CsPb<sub>2</sub>(Cl<sub>1- x</sub>Br <sub>x</sub>)<sub>5</sub>.
- Authors: Chen Y, Molokeev MS, Atuchin VV, Reshak AH, Auluck S, Alahmed ZA, Xia Z
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 6
- Dual-Phase CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> -CsPb<sub>2</sub> Br<sub>5</sub> Perovskite Thin Films via Vapor Deposition for High-Performance Rigid and Flexible Photodetectors.
- Authors: Tong G, Li H, Li D, Zhu Z, Xu E, Li G, Yu L, Xu J, Jiang Y
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- A Strategy toward New Low-Dimensional Hybrid Halide Perovskites with Anionic Spacers.
- Authors: Zhao Y, Zhang S, Lu Y, Lan S, Zhu C, Xiao J, Zai H, Sui M, Li D, Zhou H, Li Y, Chen Q
- Issue date: 2019 Feb