de Bastiani, Michele
Alamer, Badriah Jaber
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCsPb2Br5 is a ternary halogen-plumbate material with close characteristics to well-reported halide perovskites. Due to its unconventional two-dimensional structure, CsPb2Br5 is being looked at broadly for potential applications in optoelectronics. CsPb2Br5 investigations are currently limited to nanostructures and powder forms of the material, which present unclear and conflicting optical properties. In this study, we present the synthesis and characterization of CsPb2Br5 bulk single crystals, which enabled us to finally clarify the material's optical features. Our CsPb2Br5 crystal has a two-dimensional structure with Pb2Br5- layers spaced by Cs+ cations, and exhibits a ~3.1 eV indirect bandgap with no emission in the visible spectrum.
CitationDursun I, De Bastiani M, Turedi B, Alamer B, Shkurenko A, et al. (2017) CsPb2Br5 Single Crystals: Synthesis and Characterization. ChemSusChem. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cssc.201701131.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge the financial support of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and Saudi Aramco.
- Large-Scale Synthesis of Highly Luminescent Perovskite-Related CsPb2 Br5 Nanoplatelets and Their Fast Anion Exchange.
- Authors: Wang KH, Wu L, Li L, Yao HB, Qian HS, Yu SH
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 11
- Dual-Phase CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> -CsPb<sub>2</sub> Br<sub>5</sub> Perovskite Thin Films via Vapor Deposition for High-Performance Rigid and Flexible Photodetectors.
- Authors: Tong G, Li H, Li D, Zhu Z, Xu E, Li G, Yu L, Xu J, Jiang Y
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Lead-Free Halide Double Perovskites via Heterovalent Substitution of Noble Metals.
- Authors: Volonakis G, Filip MR, Haghighirad AA, Sakai N, Wenger B, Snaith HJ, Giustino F
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 7
- A promising nonlinear optical material in the Mid-IR region: new results on synthesis, crystal structure and properties of noncentrosymmetric β-HgBrCl.
- Authors: Dang Y, Meng X, Jiang K, Zhong C, Chen X, Qin J
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 21
- All-Solid-State Mechanochemical Synthesis and Post-Synthetic Transformation of Inorganic Perovskite-type Halides.
- Authors: Pal P, Saha S, Banik A, Sarkar A, Biswas K
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 6