A facile method for the preparation of Covalent Triazine Framework coated monoliths as catalyst support - applications in C1 catalysis
AuthorsBavykina, Anastasiya V.
Olivos Suarez, Alma Itzel
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625243
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA quasi Chemical Vapour Deposition method for the manufacturing of well-defined Covalent Triazine Framework (CTF) coatings on cordierite monoliths is reported. The resulting supported porous organic polymer is an excellent support for the immobilisation of two different homogeneous catalysts: 1) an IrIIICp*-based catalyst for the hydrogen production from formic acid, and 2) a PtII-based for the direct activation of methane via Periana chemistry. The immobilised catalysts display a much higher activity in comparison with the unsupported CTF operated in slurry because of improved mass transport. Our results demonstrate that CTF based catalysts can be further optimised by engineering at different length-scales.
CitationBavykina AV, Olivos Suarez AI, Osadchii D, Valecha R, Franz R, et al. (2017) A facile method for the preparation of Covalent Triazine Framework coated monoliths as catalyst support - applications in C1 catalysis. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b07339.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Efficient production of hydrogen from formic acid using a covalent triazine framework supported molecular catalyst.
- Authors: Bavykina AV, Goesten MG, Kapteijn F, Makkee M, Gascon J
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Development of molecular and solid catalysts for the direct low-temperature oxidation of methane to methanol.
- Authors: Palkovits R, von Malotki C, Baumgarten M, Müllen K, Baltes C, Antonietti M, Kuhn P, Weber J, Thomas A, Schüth F
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 22
- Platinum-modified covalent triazine frameworks hybridized with carbon nanoparticles as methanol-tolerant oxygen reduction electrocatalysts.
- Authors: Kamiya K, Kamai R, Hashimoto K, Nakanishi S
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 22
- Fast tuning of covalent triazine frameworks for photocatalytic hydrogen evolution.
- Authors: Kuecken S, Acharjya A, Zhi L, Schwarze M, Schomäcker R, Thomas A
- Issue date: 2017 May 30
- Adsorption of aromatic compounds on porous covalent triazine-based framework.
- Authors: Liu J, Zong E, Fu H, Zheng S, Xu Z, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15