Gathering by the Red Sea highlights links between environment and epigenetics
Magistretti, Pierre J.
Izpisua Belmonte, Juan Carlos
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Environmental Epigenetics Research Program (KEEP)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe number of conferences on epigenetics has been increasing in the past decade, underscoring the impact of the field on a variety of areas in biology and medicine. However, the mechanistic role of the epigenome in adaptation and inheritance, and how the environment may impinge on epigenetic control, are topics of growing debate. Those themes were the focus of the inaugural international King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Research Conference on Environmental Epigenetics in Saudi Arabia, where more than 100 participants from 19 countries enjoyed vibrant scientific discussions and a pleasant February breeze from the Red Sea.
CitationLi M, Borrelli E, Magistretti PJ, Izpisua Belmonte JC, Sassone-Corsi P, et al. (2017) Gathering by the Red Sea highlights links between environment and epigenetics. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 24: 491–493. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nsmb.3422.
- Environmentally induced epigenetic transgenerational inheritance of phenotype and disease.
- Authors: Guerrero-Bosagna C, Skinner MK
- Issue date: 2012 May 6
- Animal models to study environmental epigenetics.
- Authors: Rosenfeld CS
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- The role of epigenetics in genetic and environmental epidemiology.
- Authors: Ladd-Acosta C, Fallin MD
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Epigenetics: molecular mechanisms and implications for disease.
- Authors: Handel AE, Ebers GC, Ramagopalan SV
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Prenatal environmental exposures, epigenetics, and disease.
- Authors: Perera F, Herbstman J
- Issue date: 2011 Apr