Statistical analysis on finger replacement schemes for RAKE receivers in the soft handover region with multiple BSs over i.n.d. fading channels
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625065
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new finger replacement technique which is applicable for RAKE receivers in the soft handover region has been proposed and studied under the ideal assumption that the fading is both independent and identically distributed from path to path. To supplement our previous work, we present a general comprehensive framework for the performance assessment of the proposed finger replacement schemes operating over independent but non-identically distributed (i.n.d.) faded paths. To accomplish this object, we derive new closed-form expressions for the target key statistics which are composed of i.n.d. exponential random variables. With these new expressions, the performance analysis of various wireless communication systems over more practical channel environments can be possible.
CitationNam SS, Ko Y-C, Alouini M-S, Choi S (2017) Statistical analysis on finger replacement schemes for RAKE receivers in the soft handover region with multiple BSs over i.n.d. fading channels. PLOS ONE 12: e0179126. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0179126.
SponsorsThis paper was supported by Wonkwang University in 2017. The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
- Outage Probability of MRC for κ-μ Shadowed Fading Channels under Co-Channel Interference.
- Authors: Chen C, Shu M, Wang Y, Yang M, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2016
- Blind information-theoretic multiuser detection algorithms for DS-CDMA and WCDMA downlink systems.
- Authors: Waheed K, Salem FM
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Outage Performance Analysis of Relay Selection Schemes in Wireless Energy Harvesting Cooperative Networks over Non-Identical Rayleigh Fading Channels.
- Authors: Do NT, Bao VN, An B
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 26
- Spatially correlated gamma-gamma scintillation in atmospheric optical channels.
- Authors: Garrido-Balsells JM, Jurado-Navas A, Paris JF, Castillo-Vázquez M, Puerta-Notario A
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 8
- Performance analysis of relay subset selection for amplify-and-forward cognitive relay networks.
- Authors: Sultan K, Qureshi IM, Malik AN, Zubair M
- Issue date: 2014