Liquid phase epitaxial growth of heterostructured hierarchical MOF thin films
Trikalitis, Pantelis N.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrecise control of epitaxial growth of MOF-on-MOF thin films, for ordered hierarchical tbo-type structures is demonstrated. The heterostructured MOF thin film was fabricated by successful sequential deposition of layers from two different MOFs. The 2-periodic layers, edge-transitive 4,4-square lattices regarded as supermolecular building layers, were commendably cross-linked using a combination of inorganic/organic and organic pillars.
CitationChernikova V, Shekhah O, Spanopoulos I, Trikalitis PN, Eddaoudi M (2017) Liquid phase epitaxial growth of heterostructured hierarchical MOF thin films. Chem Commun 53: 6191–6194. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc03270f.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This research has been co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund – ESF) and Greek national funds through the Operational Program “Education and Lifelong Learning” of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) – Research Funding Program: ARISTEIA II – 4862.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- The quest for modular nanocages: tbo-MOF as an archetype for mutual substitution, functionalization, and expansion of quadrangular pillar building blocks.
- Authors: Eubank JF, Mouttaki H, Cairns AJ, Belmabkhout Y, Wojtas L, Luebke R, Alkordi M, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 14
- A supermolecular building approach for the design and construction of metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Guillerm V, Kim D, Eubank JF, Luebke R, Liu X, Adil K, Lah MS, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21
- Advanced Fabrication Method for the Preparation of MOF Thin Films: Liquid-Phase Epitaxy Approach Meets Spin Coating Method.
- Authors: Chernikova V, Shekhah O, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 10
- Applying the Power of Reticular Chemistry to Finding the Missing alb-MOF Platform Based on the (6,12)-Coordinated Edge-Transitive Net.
- Authors: Chen Z, Weseliński ŁJ, Adil K, Belmabkhout Y, Shkurenko A, Jiang H, Bhatt PM, Guillerm V, Dauzon E, Xue DX, O'Keeffe M, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 1
- Substrate-Independent Epitaxial Growth of the Metal-Organic Framework MOF-508a.
- Authors: Wilson M, Barrientos-Palomo SN, Stevens PC, Mitchell NL, Oswald G, Nagaraja CM, Badyal JPS
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 31