Liquid phase epitaxial growth of heterostructured hierarchical MOF thin films
Trikalitis, Pantelis N.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/625012
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrecise control of epitaxial growth of MOF-on-MOF thin films, for ordered hierarchical tbo-type structures is demonstrated. The heterostructured MOF thin film was fabricated by successful sequential deposition of layers from two different MOFs. The 2-periodic layers, edge-transitive 4,4-square lattices regarded as supermolecular building layers, were commendably cross-linked using a combination of inorganic/organic and organic pillars.
CitationChernikova V, Shekhah O, Spanopoulos I, Trikalitis PN, Eddaoudi M (2017) Liquid phase epitaxial growth of heterostructured hierarchical MOF thin films. Chem Commun 53: 6191–6194. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc03270f.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This research has been co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund – ESF) and Greek national funds through the Operational Program “Education and Lifelong Learning” of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) – Research Funding Program: ARISTEIA II – 4862.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- The quest for modular nanocages: tbo-MOF as an archetype for mutual substitution, functionalization, and expansion of quadrangular pillar building blocks.
- Authors: Eubank JF, Mouttaki H, Cairns AJ, Belmabkhout Y, Wojtas L, Luebke R, Alkordi M, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 14
- A supermolecular building approach for the design and construction of metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Guillerm V, Kim D, Eubank JF, Luebke R, Liu X, Adil K, Lah MS, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21
- Conformal Ultrathin Film Metal-Organic Framework Analogues: Characterization of Growth, Porosity, and Electronic Transport.
- Authors: Lau J, Trojniak AE, Maraugha MJ, VanZanten AJ, Osterbaan AJ, Serino AC, Ohnsorg ML, Cheung KM, Ashby DS, Weiss PS, Dunn BS, Anderson ME
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 12
- Van der Waals Heterostructured MOF-on-MOF Thin Films: Cascading Functionality to Realize Advanced Chemiresistive Sensing.
- Authors: Yao MS, Xiu JW, Huang QQ, Li WH, Wu WW, Wu AQ, Cao LA, Deng WH, Wang GE, Xu G
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 14
- The Growth of Photoactive Porphyrin-Based MOF Thin Films Using the Liquid-Phase Epitaxy Approach and their Optoelectronic Properties.
- Authors: Ngongang Ndjawa GO, Tchalala MR, Shekhah O, Khan JI, Mansour AE, Czaban-Jóźwiak J, Weselinski LJ, Ait Ahsaine H, Amassian A, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 1