Single Site Silica Supported Tetramethyl Niobium by the SOMC Strategy: Synthesis, Characterization and Structure-Activity Relationship in Ethylene Oligomerization Reaction
AuthorsHamieh, Ali Imad Ali
KAUST DepartmentAli I. Al-Naimi Petroleum Engineering Research Center (ANPERC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/624913
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSilica supported Tetramethyl niobium complex [(≡SiO)NbMe4] 2 has been isolated by surface alkylation of [(≡SiO-)NbCl3Me] 1 with dimethyl zinc in pentane. 1 can be easily synthesized by grafting of NbCl3Me2 on to the surface of partially dehydroxylated silica by the SOMC strategy. Precise structural analysis was carried out by the FTIR, advance solid state NMR, elemental analysis and mass balance techniques (gas quantification after treating 2 with degassed water) . Complex 1 was found to be active in the ethylene oligomerization to produce up to C30, whereas to our surprise complex 2 selectively dimerizes ethylene into 1-butene in the absence of a co-catalyst at the same conversion levels.
CitationHamieh A, Dey R, Nekoueishahraki B, samantaray manoja, Chen Y, et al. (2017) Single Site Silica Supported Tetramethyl Niobium by the SOMC Strategy: Synthesis, Characterization and Structure-Activity Relationship in Ethylene Oligomerization Reaction. Chem Commun. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc02585h.
SponsorsThis work was supported by funds from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) office of sponsored research (OSR).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Docking of tetra-methyl zirconium to the surface of silica: a well-defined pre-catalyst for conversion of CO<sub>2</sub> to cyclic carbonates.
- Authors: Al Maksoud W, Saidi A, Samantaray MK, Abou-Hamad E, Poater A, Ould-Chikh S, Guo X, Guan E, Ma T, Gates BC, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 24
- Detailed structural investigation of the grafting of [Ta(=CHtBu)(CH2tBu)3] and [Cp*TaMe4] on silica partially dehydroxylated at 700 degrees C and the activity of the grafted complexes toward alkane metathesis.
- Authors: Le Roux E, Chabanas M, Baudouin A, de Mallmann A, Copéret C, Quadrelli EA, Thivolle-Cazat J, Basset JM, Lukens W, Lesage A, Emsley L, Sunley GJ
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 20
- Cooperative Effect of Monopodal Silica-Supported Niobium Complex Pairs Enhancing Catalytic Cyclic Carbonate Production.
- Authors: D'Elia V, Dong H, Rossini AJ, Widdifield CM, Vummaleti SV, Minenkov Y, Poater A, Abou-Hamad E, Pelletier JD, Cavallo L, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 24
- Direct observation of reaction intermediates for a well defined heterogeneous alkene metathesis catalyst.
- Authors: Blanc F, Berthoud R, Copéret C, Lesage A, Emsley L, Singh R, Kreickmann T, Schrock RR
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 26
- SOMC-Designed Silica Supported Tungsten Oxo Imidazolin-2-iminato Methyl Precatalyst for Olefin Metathesis Reactions.
- Authors: Qureshi ZS, Hamieh A, Barman S, Maity N, Samantaray MK, Ould-Chikh S, Abou-Hamad E, Falivene L, D'Elia V, Rothenberger A, Llorens I, Hazemann JL, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 17