An Alternating 5,5-Dimethylcyclopentadiene-based Copolymer prepared at Room Temperature for High Performance Organic Thin Film Transistors
McNeill, Christopher R.
Anthopoulos, Thomas D.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/624897
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report that the inclusion of non-aromatic 5,5-dimethylcyclopentadiene monomer into a conjugated backbone is an attractive strategy to high performance semiconducting polymers. The use of this monomer enables a room temperature Suzuki copolymerization with a diketopyrrolopyrrole comono-mer to afford a highly soluble, high molecular weight material. The resulting low band gap polymer exhibits excellent photo and thermal stability, and despite a large π-π stacking distance of 4.26 Å, it demonstrates excellent performance in thin-film transistor devices.
CitationFei Z, Chen L, Han Y, Gann E, Chesman A, et al. (2017) An Alternating 5,5-Dimethylcyclopentadiene-based Copolymer prepared at Room Temperature for High Performance Organic Thin Film Transistors. Journal of the American Chemical Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.7b03279.
SponsorsWe thank Rutgers University, the British Council (173601536) and the Australian Research Council (DP130101861) for the financial support. This work was performed in part on the SAXS/WAXS beamline at the Australian Synchrotron, Victoria, Australia.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Synthesis, characterization and organic field effect transistor performance of a diketopyrrolopyrrole-fluorenone copolymer.
- Authors: Sonar P, Ha TJ, Dodabalapur A
- Issue date: 2013 May 28
- Bis(thienothiophenyl) diketopyrrolopyrrole-based conjugated polymers with various branched alkyl side chains and their applications in thin-film transistors and polymer solar cells.
- Authors: Shin J, Park GE, Lee DH, Um HA, Lee TW, Cho MJ, Choi DH
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11
- Design of High-Mobility Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based π-Conjugated Copolymers for Organic Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Yi Z, Wang S, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 24
- Synthesis of diketopyrrolopyrrole-based polymers with polydimethylsiloxane side chains and their application in organic field-effect transistors.
- Authors: Ohnishi I, Hashimoto K, Tajima K
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- D-A1-D-A2 Copolymer Based on Pyridine-Capped Diketopyrrolopyrrole with Fluorinated Benzothiadiazole for High-Performance Ambipolar Organic Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Li P, Xu L, Shen H, Duan X, Zhang J, Wei Z, Yi Z, Di CA, Wang S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 6