An Alternating 5,5-Dimethylcyclopentadiene-based Copolymer prepared at Room Temperature for High Performance Organic Thin Film Transistors
McNeill, Christopher R.
Anthopoulos, Thomas D.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2017-06-12
Print Publication Date2017-06-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/624897
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report that the inclusion of non-aromatic 5,5-dimethylcyclopentadiene monomer into a conjugated backbone is an attractive strategy to high performance semiconducting polymers. The use of this monomer enables a room temperature Suzuki copolymerization with a diketopyrrolopyrrole comono-mer to afford a highly soluble, high molecular weight material. The resulting low band gap polymer exhibits excellent photo and thermal stability, and despite a large π-π stacking distance of 4.26 Å, it demonstrates excellent performance in thin-film transistor devices.
CitationFei Z, Chen L, Han Y, Gann E, Chesman A, et al. (2017) An Alternating 5,5-Dimethylcyclopentadiene-based Copolymer prepared at Room Temperature for High Performance Organic Thin Film Transistors. Journal of the American Chemical Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.7b03279.
SponsorsWe thank Rutgers University, the British Council (173601536) and the Australian Research Council (DP130101861) for the financial support. This work was performed in part on the SAXS/WAXS beamline at the Australian Synchrotron, Victoria, Australia.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Synthesis, characterization and organic field effect transistor performance of a diketopyrrolopyrrole-fluorenone copolymer.
- Authors: Sonar P, Ha TJ, Dodabalapur A
- Issue date: 2013 May 28
- Bis(thienothiophenyl) diketopyrrolopyrrole-based conjugated polymers with various branched alkyl side chains and their applications in thin-film transistors and polymer solar cells.
- Authors: Shin J, Park GE, Lee DH, Um HA, Lee TW, Cho MJ, Choi DH
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11
- n-Type Thin-Film Transistors Based on Diketopyrrolopyrrole Derivatives: Role of Siloxane Side Chains and Electron-Withdrawing Substituents.
- Authors: Prakoso SP, Kumar S, Wu SL, Ciou GT, Ke YJ, Venkateswarlu S, Tao YT, Wang CL
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 8
- Design of High-Mobility Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Based π-Conjugated Copolymers for Organic Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Yi Z, Wang S, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 24
- D-A1-D-A2 Copolymer Based on Pyridine-Capped Diketopyrrolopyrrole with Fluorinated Benzothiadiazole for High-Performance Ambipolar Organic Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Li P, Xu L, Shen H, Duan X, Zhang J, Wei Z, Yi Z, Di CA, Wang S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 6