Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework Nanosheets: Preparation and Application in Highly Sensitive and Selective DNA Detection
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe ability to prepare ultrathin two-dimensional (2D) covalent organic framework (COF) nanosheets (NSs) in high yield is of great importance for the further exploration of their unique properties and potential applications. Herein, by elaborately designing and choosing two flexible molecules with C3v molecular symmetry as building units, a novel imine-linked COF, namely TPA-COF, with hexagonal layered structure and sheet-like morphology, is synthesized. Since the flexible building units are integrated into the COF skeletons, the interlayer stacking becomes weak, resulting in the easy exfoliation of TPA-COF into ultrathin 2D NSs. Impressively, for the first time, the detailed structural information, i.e. the pore channels and individual building units in the NSs, is clearly visualized by using the recently developed low-dose imaging technique of transmission electron microscopy (TEM). As a proof-of-concept application, the obtained ultrathin COF NSs are used as a novel fluorescence sensing platform for the highly sensitive and selective detection of DNA.
CitationPeng Y, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Chen B, Wang L, et al. (2017) Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework Nanosheets: Preparation and Application in Highly Sensitive and Selective DNA Detection. Journal of the American Chemical Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.7b04096.
SponsorsThis work was supported by MOE under AcRF Tier 2 (ARC 19/15, No. MOE2014-T2-2-093; MOE2015-T2-2-057; MOE2016-T2-2-103) and AcRF Tier 1 (2016-T1-001-147; 2016-T1-002-051), NTU under Start-Up Grant (M4081296.070.500000) and iFood Research Grant (M4081458.070.500000), and Singapore Millennium Foundation in Singapore. We would like to acknowledge the Facility for Analysis, Characterization, Testing and Simulation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, for use of their electron microscopy facilities.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- High-Yield Exfoliation of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Ternary Chalcogenide Nanosheets for Highly Sensitive and Selective Fluorescence DNA Sensors.
- Authors: Tan C, Yu P, Hu Y, Chen J, Huang Y, Cai Y, Luo Z, Li B, Lu Q, Wang L, Liu Z, Zhang H
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 19
- Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework (COF) Membranes Fabricated via the Assembly of Exfoliated COF Nanosheets.
- Authors: Li G, Zhang K, Tsuru T
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15
- Construction of covalent organic framework for catalysis: Pd/COF-LZU1 in Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reaction.
- Authors: Ding SY, Gao J, Wang Q, Zhang Y, Song WG, Su CY, Wang W
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 14
- Highly Fluorescent Polyimide Covalent Organic Nanosheets as Sensing Probes for the Detection of 2,4,6-Trinitrophenol.
- Authors: Zhang C, Zhang S, Yan Y, Xia F, Huang A, Xian Y
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 19
- Synthesis of a Scalable Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework (COF) by Photon-assisted Imine Condensation Reaction on the Water Surface.
- Authors: Kim S, Lim H, Lee J, Choi HC
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 7