Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework Nanosheets: Preparation and Application in Highly Sensitive and Selective DNA Detection
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/624891
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe ability to prepare ultrathin two-dimensional (2D) covalent organic framework (COF) nanosheets (NSs) in high yield is of great importance for the further exploration of their unique properties and potential applications. Herein, by elaborately designing and choosing two flexible molecules with C3v molecular symmetry as building units, a novel imine-linked COF, namely TPA-COF, with hexagonal layered structure and sheet-like morphology, is synthesized. Since the flexible building units are integrated into the COF skeletons, the interlayer stacking becomes weak, resulting in the easy exfoliation of TPA-COF into ultrathin 2D NSs. Impressively, for the first time, the detailed structural information, i.e. the pore channels and individual building units in the NSs, is clearly visualized by using the recently developed low-dose imaging technique of transmission electron microscopy (TEM). As a proof-of-concept application, the obtained ultrathin COF NSs are used as a novel fluorescence sensing platform for the highly sensitive and selective detection of DNA.
CitationPeng Y, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Chen B, Wang L, et al. (2017) Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework Nanosheets: Preparation and Application in Highly Sensitive and Selective DNA Detection. Journal of the American Chemical Society. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.7b04096.
SponsorsThis work was supported by MOE under AcRF Tier 2 (ARC 19/15, No. MOE2014-T2-2-093; MOE2015-T2-2-057; MOE2016-T2-2-103) and AcRF Tier 1 (2016-T1-001-147; 2016-T1-002-051), NTU under Start-Up Grant (M4081296.070.500000) and iFood Research Grant (M4081458.070.500000), and Singapore Millennium Foundation in Singapore. We would like to acknowledge the Facility for Analysis, Characterization, Testing and Simulation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, for use of their electron microscopy facilities.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- High-Yield Exfoliation of Ultrathin Two-Dimensional Ternary Chalcogenide Nanosheets for Highly Sensitive and Selective Fluorescence DNA Sensors.
- Authors: Tan C, Yu P, Hu Y, Chen J, Huang Y, Cai Y, Luo Z, Li B, Lu Q, Wang L, Liu Z, Zhang H
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 19
- A versatile covalent organic framework-based platform for sensing biomolecules.
- Authors: Li W, Yang CX, Yan XP
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 17
- Intracellular DNA and microRNA sensing based on metal-organic framework nanosheets with enzyme-free signal amplification.
- Authors: Song WJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- Microfluidic-based Synthesis of Covalent Organic Frameworks (COFs): A Tool for Continuous Production of COF Fibers and Direct Printing on a Surface.
- Authors: Abrishamkar A, Rodríguez-San-Miguel D, Rodríguez Navarro JA, Rodriguez-Trujillo R, Amabilino DB, Mas-Ballesté R, Zamora F, deMello AJ, Puigmarti-Luis J
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 10
- Fe<sub>3</sub>O<sub>4</sub>-AuNPs anchored 2D metal-organic framework nanosheets with DNA regulated switchable peroxidase-like activity.
- Authors: Tan B, Zhao H, Wu W, Liu X, Zhang Y, Quan X
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 7