Membranes Prepared by Self-assembly and Chelation Assisted Phase Inversion
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe combine self-assembly in solution, complexation with metallic salts and phase separation induced by solvent-non-solvent exchange to prepare nanostructured membranes for separation in the nanofiltration range. The method was applied to synthesized poly(acrylic acid)-b-polysulfone-b-poly(acrylic acid) copolymers dissolved in a selective solvent mixture and immersed in aqueous Cu2+ or Ag+ solutions.
CitationXie Y, Sutisna B, Nunes S (2017) Membranes Prepared by Self-assembly and Chelation Assisted Phase Inversion. Chem Commun. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc01596h.
SponsorsThis work was sponsored by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors thank the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS) for access to the synchrotron facility, as well as Dr. Detlef-M. Smilgies (CHESS) and Dr. Valentina Musteata (KAUST) for the help in GISAXS experiment. CHESS is supported by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of General Medical Sciences under NSF award DMR-1332208.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Three-dimensionally ordered porous membranes prepared via self-assembly and reverse micelle formation from well-defined amphiphilic block copolymers.
- Authors: Fu GD, Kang ET, Neoh KG
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 12
- Dimensional control of block copolymer nanofibers with a π-conjugated core: crystallization-driven solution self-assembly of amphiphilic poly(3-hexylthiophene)-b-poly(2-vinylpyridine).
- Authors: Gwyther J, Gilroy JB, Rupar PA, Lunn DJ, Kynaston E, Patra SK, Whittell GR, Winnik MA, Manners I
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 8
- Effect of solution chemistry and operating conditions on the nanofiltration of acid dyes by a nanocomposite membrane.
- Authors: Akbari A, Homayoonfal M, Jabbari V
- Issue date: 2011
- Tuning of thermally induced sol-to-gel transitions of moderately concentrated aqueous solutions of doubly thermosensitive hydrophilic diblock copolymers poly(methoxytri(ethylene glycol) acrylate)-b-poly(ethoxydi(ethylene glycol) acrylate-co-acrylic acid).
- Authors: Jin N, Zhang H, Jin S, Dadmun MD, Zhao B
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 15
- Tailoring Membrane Surface Properties and Ultrafiltration Performances via the Self-Assembly of Polyethylene Glycol-block-Polysulfone-block-Polyethylene Glycol Block Copolymer upon Thermal and Solvent Annealing.
- Authors: Wang N, Wang T, Hu Y
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 13