Direct observation of current-induced motion of a 3D vortex domain wall in cylindrical nanowires
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/623631
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe current-induced dynamics of 3D magnetic vortex domain walls in cylindrical Co/Ni nanowires are revealed experimentally using Lorentz microscopy and theoretically using micromagnetic simulations. We demonstrate that a spin-polarized electric current can control the reversible motion of 3D vortex domain walls, which travel with a velocity of a few hundred meters per second. This finding is a key step in establishing fast, high-density memory devices based on vertical arrays of cylindrical magnetic nanowires.
CitationIvanov YP, Chuvilin A, Lopatin S, Mohammed H, Kosel J (2017) Direct Observation of Current-Induced Motion of a 3D Vortex Domain Wall in Cylindrical Nanowires. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b03404.
SponsorsResearch reported in this publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Modulated Magnetic Nanowires for Controlling Domain Wall Motion: Toward 3D Magnetic Memories.
- Authors: Ivanov YP, Chuvilin A, Lopatin S, Kosel J
- Issue date: 2016 May 24
- Current-induced instability of domain walls in cylindrical nanowires.
- Authors: Wang W, Zhang Z, Pepper RA, Mu C, Zhou Y, Fangohr H
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 10
- Single crystalline cylindrical nanowires - toward dense 3D arrays of magnetic vortices.
- Authors: Ivanov YP, Chuvilin A, Vivas LG, Kosel J, Chubykalo-Fesenko O, Vázquez M
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 31
- Ultrafast domain wall dynamics in magnetic nanotubes and nanowires.
- Authors: Hertel R
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 7
- Vortex domain wall formation in permalloy nanowires with geometric pinning sites.
- Authors: Willcox M, Ding A, Wu J, Xu Y
- Issue date: 2012 Aug