Hybrid van der Waals p-n Heterojunctions based on SnO and 2D MoS2
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA p-type oxide/2D hybrid van der Waals p-n heterojunction is demonstrated for the first time between SnO (tin monoxide) (the p-type oxide) and 2D MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide), showing an ideality factor of 2 and rectification ratio up to 10(4) . The reported heterojunction is gate-tunable with typical anti-ambipolar transfer characteristics. Surface potential mapping is performed and a current model for such a heterojunction is proposed.
CitationWang Z, He X, Zhang X-X, Alshareef HN (2016) Hybrid van der Waals p-n Heterojunctions based on SnO and 2D MoS2. Advanced Materials 28: 9133–9141. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201602157.
SponsorsZ.W. and X.H. contributed equally to this work. H.N.A. and X.X.Z. designed the work. The research reported in this publication was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
- Hybrid, Gate-Tunable, van der Waals p-n Heterojunctions from Pentacene and MoS2.
- Authors: Jariwala D, Howell SL, Chen KS, Kang J, Sangwan VK, Filippone SA, Turrisi R, Marks TJ, Lauhon LJ, Hersam MC
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 13
- Trap-mediated electronic transport properties of gate-tunable pentacene/MoS<sub>2</sub> p-n heterojunction diodes.
- Authors: Kim JK, Cho K, Kim TY, Pak J, Jang J, Song Y, Kim Y, Choi BY, Chung S, Hong WK, Lee T
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 10
- Temperature-Dependent and Gate-Tunable Rectification in a Black Phosphorus/WS<sub>2</sub> van der Waals Heterojunction Diode.
- Authors: Dastgeer G, Khan MF, Nazir G, Afzal AM, Aftab S, Naqvi BA, Cha J, Min KA, Jamil Y, Jung J, Hong S, Eom J
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 18
- Ultrafast Exciton Dissociation and Long-Lived Charge Separation in a Photovoltaic Pentacene-MoS<sub>2</sub> van der Waals Heterojunction.
- Authors: Bettis Homan S, Sangwan VK, Balla I, Bergeron H, Weiss EA, Hersam MC
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 11
- Gate-tunable diode-like current rectification and ambipolar transport in multilayer van der Waals ReSe<sub>2</sub>/WS<sub>2</sub> p-n heterojunctions.
- Authors: Wang C, Yang S, Xiong W, Xia C, Cai H, Chen B, Wang X, Zhang X, Wei Z, Tongay S, Li J, Liu Q
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 12