Chromatin architecture: A new dimension in the dynamic control of gene expression
AuthorsRamirez Prado, Juan Sebastian
Rodriguez-Granados, Natalia Yaneth
Online Publication Date2016-09-09
Print Publication Date2016-10-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622885
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs the most recent evidence of eukaryotic cell complexity, genome architecture has astounded the scientific community and prompted a variety of technical and cognitive challenges. Several technologies have emerged and evidenced the integration of chromatin packaging and topology, epigenetic processes, and transcription for the pertinent regulation of gene expression. In the present addendum we present and discuss some of our recent research, directed toward the holistic comprehension of the processes by which plants respond to environmental and developmental stimuli. We propose that the study of genome topology and genomic interactions is essential for the understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind a phenotype. Even though our knowledge and understanding of genome architecture and hierarchy has improved substantially in the last few years -in Arabidopsis and other eukaryotes -, there is still a long way ahead in this relatively new field of study. For this, it is necessary to take advantage of the high resolution of the emerging available techniques, and perform integrative approaches with which it will be possible to depict the role of chromatin architecture in the regulation of transcription and ultimately, physiological processes.
CitationRamirez-Prado JS, Rodriguez-Granados NY, Ariel F, Raynaud C, Benhamed M (2016) Chromatin architecture: A new dimension in the dynamic control of gene expression. Plant Signaling & Behavior 11: e1232224. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15592324.2016.1232224.
PublisherInforma UK Limited
JournalPlant Signaling & Behavior
- Put your 3D glasses on: plant chromatin is on show.
- Authors: Rodriguez-Granados NY, Ramirez-Prado JS, Veluchamy A, Latrasse D, Raynaud C, Crespi M, Ariel F, Benhamed M
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Noncoding transcription by alternative RNA polymerases dynamically regulates an auxin-driven chromatin loop.
- Authors: Ariel F, Jegu T, Latrasse D, Romero-Barrios N, Christ A, Benhamed M, Crespi M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 7
- Long non-coding RNAs and their functions in plants.
- Authors: Chekanova JA
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Epigenetic regulation by long noncoding RNAs in plants.
- Authors: Heo JB, Lee YS, Sung S
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- The mechanism and clinical significance of long noncoding RNA-mediated gene expression via nuclear architecture.
- Authors: Shi J, Li YM, Fang XD
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 20