Draft Genome Sequences of TwoThiomicrospiraStrains Isolated from the Brine-Seawater Interface of Kebrit Deep in the Red Sea
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo Thiomicrospira strains, WB1 and XS5, were isolated from the Kebrit Deep brine-seawater interface in the Red Sea, Saudi Arabia. Here, we present the draft genome sequences of these gammaproteobacteria, which both produce sulfuric acid from thiosulfate in culture.
CitationZhang G, Fauzi Haroon M, Zhang R, Hikmawan T, Stingl U (2016) Draft Genome Sequences of TwoThiomicrospiraStrains Isolated from the Brine-Seawater Interface of Kebrit Deep in the Red Sea. Genome Announcements 4: e00110–16. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/genomea.00110-16.
SponsorsThis work was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) baseline funding and the SEDCO Research Excellence Award to U.S.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- Microbial diversity of the brine-seawater interface of the Kebrit Deep, Red Sea, studied via 16S rRNA gene sequences and cultivation methods.
- Authors: Eder W, Jahnke LL, Schmidt M, Huber R
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Draft Genome Sequence of Pseudoalteromonas sp. Strain XI10 Isolated from the Brine-Seawater Interface of Erba Deep in the Red Sea.
- Authors: Zhang G, Fauzi Haroon M, Zhang R, Hikmawan T, Stingl U
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 10
- Aerobic methanotrophic communities at the Red Sea brine-seawater interface.
- Authors: Abdallah RZ, Adel M, Ouf A, Sayed A, Ghazy MA, Alam I, Essack M, Lafi FF, Bajic VB, El-Dorry H, Siam R
- Issue date: 2014
- First Insights into the Viral Communities of the Deep-sea Anoxic Brines of the Red Sea.
- Authors: Antunes A, Alam I, Simões MF, Daniels C, Ferreira AJ, Siam R, El-Dorry H, Bajic VB
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Genome sequence of Salinisphaera shabanensis, a gammaproteobacterium from the harsh, variable environment of the brine-seawater interface of the Shaban Deep in the Red Sea.
- Authors: Antunes A, Alam I, Bajic VB, Stingl U
- Issue date: 2011 Sep