High-Sulfur-Vacancy Amorphous Molybdenum Sulfide as a High Current Electrocatalyst in Hydrogen Evolution
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
SABIC - Corporate Research and Innovation Center (CRI) at KAUST
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622748
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe remote hydrogen plasma is able to create abundant S-vacancies on amorphous molybdenum sulfide (a-MoSx) as active sites for hydrogen evolution. The results demonstrate that the plasma-treated a-MoSx exhibits superior performance and higher stability than Pt in a proton exchange membrane based electrolyzers measurement as a proof-of-concept of industrial application.
CitationLu A-Y, Yang X, Tseng C-C, Min S, Lin S-H, et al. (2016) High-Sulfur-Vacancy Amorphous Molybdenum Sulfide as a High Current Electrocatalyst in Hydrogen Evolution. Small 12: 5530–5537. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201602107.
SponsorsA.-Y.L. and X.Y contributed equally to this work. L.J.L. thanks the support from KAUST, SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Academia Sinica, MOST (Taiwan) under Grant Nos. NSC102-2119-M-009-002-MY3 and AOARD FA23861510001 (USA).
- Amorphous flower-like molybdenum-sulfide-@-nitrogen-doped-carbon-nanofiber film for use in the hydrogen-evolution reaction.
- Authors: Zhang X, Li L, Guo Y, Liu D, You T
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 15
- Transition metal-doped amorphous molybdenum sulfide/graphene ternary cocatalysts for excellent photocatalytic hydrogen evolution: Synergistic effect of transition metal and graphene.
- Authors: Zhou H, Liu Y, Zhang L, Li H, Liu H, Li W
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 1
- Amorphous Molybdenum Sulfide/Carbon Nanotubes Hybrid Nanospheres Prepared by Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis for Electrocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution.
- Authors: Ye Z, Yang J, Li B, Shi L, Ji H, Song L, Xu H
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Amorphous Molybdenum Sulfide on Graphene-Carbon Nanotube Hybrids as Highly Active Hydrogen Evolution Reaction Catalysts.
- Authors: Pham KC, Chang YH, McPhail DS, Mattevi C, Wee AT, Chua DH
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 9
- Molybdenum phosphosulfide: an active, acid-stable, earth-abundant catalyst for the hydrogen evolution reaction.
- Authors: Kibsgaard J, Jaramillo TF
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 22