The spontaneous formation and plasmonic properties of ultrathin gold–silver nanorods and nanowires stabilized in oleic acid
López-De-Luzuriaga, José M.
Elena Olmos, M.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUltrathin Au-Ag alloy nanorods and nanowires of different lengths and ca. 1.9 nm diameter are prepared through a low-temperature decomposition of the precursor [AuAg(CF)(OEt)] in oleic acid. This nanostructure formation has been studied through TEM, HRTEM, EDS, HS-SPME-GC-MS and F NMR spectroscopy. The UNRs and UNWs display a length-dependent broad band in the mid-IR region that is related to the longitudinal mode of the surface plasmon resonance of the ultrathin nanostructures.
CitationCrespo J, López-de-Luzuriaga JM, Monge M, Elena Olmos M, Rodríguez-Castillo M, et al. (2015) The spontaneous formation and plasmonic properties of ultrathin gold–silver nanorods and nanowires stabilized in oleic acid. Chem Commun 51: 16691–16694. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C5CC05542C.
SponsorsThe D.G.I.(MEC)/FEDER (CTQ2013-48635-C2-2-P) project is acknowledged for financial support. We thank the EC and the Region Midi Pyrenees for financial support through the FEDER project METNANO (EFA 17/08). J. Crespo thanks the Comunidad Autonoma de La Rioja (CAR) for a grant. We thank the SERMET-Universidad de Cantabria for microscopy facilities. We thank Prof. L. M. Liz-Marzan and Dr I. Pastoriza-Santos for fruitful discussions and measurements.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Surface plasmon resonance in gold ultrathin nanorods and nanowires.
- Authors: Takahata R, Yamazoe S, Koyasu K, Tsukuda T
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 18
- Formation of one-dimensional Ag-Au solid solution colloids with Au nanorods as seeds, their alloying mechanisms, and surface plasmon resonances.
- Authors: Guo T, Tan Y
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 21
- Multiple surface plasmon modes for gold/silver alloy nanorods.
- Authors: Bok HM, Shuford KL, Kim S, Kim SK, Park S
- Issue date: 2009 May 5
- Gold and silver nanoparticles in sensing and imaging: sensitivity of plasmon response to size, shape, and metal composition.
- Authors: Lee KS, El-Sayed MA
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 5
- Gold Nanobipyramid-Directed Growth of Length-Variable Silver Nanorods with Multipolar Plasmon Resonances.
- Authors: Zhuo X, Zhu X, Li Q, Yang Z, Wang J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 28