Role of keto–enol tautomerization in a chiral phosphoric acid catalyzed asymmetric thiocarboxylysis of meso-epoxide: a DFT study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mechanism of a chiral phosphoric acid catalyzed thiocarboxylysis of meso-epoxide was investigated by density functional theory (DFT) calculations (M06-2X). The nucleophilic ring opening of epoxide by thiobenzoic acid was found to proceed via a concerted termolecular transition state with a simultaneous dual proton transfer to yield the β-hydroxy thioester product. Electrostatic interactions together with the steric environment inside the chiral catalyst play an important role in determining the enantioselectivity of the reaction.
CitationAjitha MJ, Huang K-W (2015) Role of keto–enol tautomerization in a chiral phosphoric acid catalyzed asymmetric thiocarboxylysis of meso-epoxide: a DFT study. Org Biomol Chem 13: 10981–10985. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C5OB01473E.
SponsorsFinancial support was provided by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalOrg. Biomol. Chem.
- Mechanistic insights on DBU catalyzed β-amination of nbs to chalcone driving by water: Multiple roles of water.
- Authors: Yuan H, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15
- DFT study of chiral-phosphoric-acid-catalyzed enantioselective Friedel-Crafts reaction of indole with nitroalkene: bifunctionality and substituent effect of phosphoric acid.
- Authors: Hirata T, Yamanaka M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 1
- Theoretical study on the mechanism of a ring-opening reaction of oxirane by the active-site aspartic dyad of HIV-1 protease.
- Authors: Kóna J
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 21
- DFT study of the mechanism and origin of enantioselectivity in chiral BINOL-phosphoric acid catalyzed transfer hydrogenation of ketimine and α-imino ester using benzothiazoline.
- Authors: Shibata Y, Yamanaka M
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 19
- Chiral phosphoric acid catalyzed enantioselective desymmetrization of meso-epoxides by thiols.
- Authors: Wang Z, Law WK, Sun J
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 6