Extended Moment Formation in Monolayer WS2 Doped with 3d Transition-Metals
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFirst-principles calculations with onsite Coulomb interaction and spin-orbit coupling are used to investigate the electronic structure of monolayer WS2 doped substitutionally with 3d transition-metals. While neither W vacancies nor strain induce spin polarization, we demonstrate an unprecedented tendency to extended moment formation under doping. The extended magnetic moments are characterized by dopant-specific spin density patterns with rich structural features involving the nearest neighbor W and S atoms.
CitationSingh N, Schwingenschlögl U (2016) Extended Moment Formation in Monolayer WS2Doped with 3d Transition-Metals. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8: 23886–23890. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.6b05670.
SponsorsThe research reported in this publication was supported by funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We thank B. Amin for fruitful discussions.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Ferromagnetism in Transitional Metal-Doped MoS2 Monolayer.
- Authors: Fan XL, An YR, Guo WJ
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Realization of a half-metallic state on bilayer WSe<sub>2</sub> using doping transition metals (Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni) in its interlayer.
- Authors: Yang G, Yang Y, Ma H, Mao X, Li C, Li J, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Yin F, Li J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 16
- Tunable magnetic coupling in Mn-doped monolayer MoS<sub>2</sub> under lattice strain.
- Authors: Miao Y, Huang Y, Bao H, Xu K, Ma F, Chu PK
- Issue date: 2018 May 31
- Doping of rhenium disulfide monolayers: a systematic first principles study.
- Authors: Çakır D, Sahin H, Peeters FM
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21
- First principles study on spin and orbital magnetism of 3d transition metal monatomic nanowires (Mn, Fe and Co).
- Authors: Sargolzaei M, Samaneh Ataee S
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 30