Extended Moment Formation in Monolayer WS2 Doped with 3d Transition-Metals
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622403
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFirst-principles calculations with onsite Coulomb interaction and spin-orbit coupling are used to investigate the electronic structure of monolayer WS2 doped substitutionally with 3d transition-metals. While neither W vacancies nor strain induce spin polarization, we demonstrate an unprecedented tendency to extended moment formation under doping. The extended magnetic moments are characterized by dopant-specific spin density patterns with rich structural features involving the nearest neighbor W and S atoms.
CitationSingh N, Schwingenschlögl U (2016) Extended Moment Formation in Monolayer WS2Doped with 3d Transition-Metals. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8: 23886–23890. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.6b05670.
SponsorsThe research reported in this publication was supported by funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We thank B. Amin for fruitful discussions.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Spin Polarization Properties of Pentagonal PdSe₂ Induced by 3D Transition-Metal Doping: First-Principles Calculations.
- Authors: Zhao X, Qiu B, Hu G, Yue W, Ren J, Yuan X
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 21
- Ferromagnetism in Transitional Metal-Doped MoS2 Monolayer.
- Authors: Fan XL, An YR, Guo WJ
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Realization of a half-metallic state on bilayer WSe<sub>2</sub> using doping transition metals (Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni) in its interlayer.
- Authors: Yang G, Yang Y, Ma H, Mao X, Li C, Li J, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Yin F, Li J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 16
- Engineering the magnetic properties of PtSe<sub>2</sub> monolayer through transition metal doping.
- Authors: Kar M, Sarkar R, Pal S, Sarkar P
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 10
- Doping of rhenium disulfide monolayers: a systematic first principles study.
- Authors: Çakır D, Sahin H, Peeters FM
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21