Tin( ii ) ketoacidoximates: synthesis, X-ray structures and processing to tin( ii ) oxide
KAUST Grant NumberBAS/1/1302-01-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622361
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTin(ii) ketoacidoximates of the type [HONCRCOO]Sn (R = Me 1, CHPh 2) and (MeONCMeCOO)Sn] NH·2HO 3 were synthesized by reacting pyruvate- and hydroxyl- or methoxylamine RONH (R = H, Me) with tin(ii) chloride dihydrate SnCl·2HO. The single crystal X-ray structure reveals that the geometry at the Sn atom is trigonal bipyramidal in 1, 2 and trigonal pyramidal in 3. Inter- or intramolecular hydrogen bonding is observed in 1-3. Thermogravimetric (TG) analysis shows that the decomposition of 1-3 to SnO occurs at ca. 160 °C. The evolved gas analysis during TG indicates complete loss of the oximato ligand in one step for 1 whereas a small organic residue is additionally removed at temperatures >400 °C for 2. Above 140 °C, [HONC(Me)COO]Sn (1) decomposes in air to spherical SnO particles of size 10-500 nm. Spin coating of 1 on Si or a glass substrate followed by heating at 200 °C results in a uniform film of SnO. The band gap of the produced SnO film and nanomaterial was determined by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy to be in the range of 3.0-3.3 eV. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy indicates surface oxidation of the SnO film to SnO in ambient atmosphere.
CitationKhanderi J, Davaasuren B, Alshankiti BA, Rothenberger A (2015) Tin( ii ) ketoacidoximates: synthesis, X-ray structures and processing to tin( ii ) oxide . Dalton Trans 44: 19820–19828. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5dt03103f.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) baseline (BAS/1/1302-01-01) and AEA funding. J. K. thanks Dr Rachid Sougrat and Ms Nini Wei for TEM imaging and Dr Mohamed Nejib Hedhili for XPS analysis.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
Khanderi, J., Davaasuren, B., Alshankiti, B. A., & Rothenberger, A. (2015). CCDC 1048728: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/cc1468yk. DOI: 10.5517/cc1468yk HANDLE: 10754/624405
Khanderi, J., Davaasuren, B., Alshankiti, B. A., & Rothenberger, A. (2015). CCDC 1048729: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/cc1468zl. DOI: 10.5517/cc1468zl HANDLE: 10754/624406
Khanderi, J., Davaasuren, B., Alshankiti, B. A., & Rothenberger, A. (2015). CCDC 1048727: Experimental Crystal Structure Determination [Data set]. Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. https://doi.org/10.5517/cc1468xj. DOI: 10.5517/cc1468xj HANDLE: 10754/624404
- Tin(II) fluoride vs. tin(II) chloride--a comparison of their coordination chemistry with neutral ligands.
- Authors: Gurnani C, Hector AL, Jager E, Levason W, Pugh D, Reid G
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 21
- Combined X-ray diffraction and diffuse reflectance analysis of nanocrystalline mixed Sn(II) and Sn(IV) oxide powders.
- Authors: Deng H, Hossenlopp JM
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 13
- Synthesis, structure, texture, and CO sensing behavior of nanocrystalline tin oxide doped with scandia.
- Authors: Xu G, Zhang YW, Sun X, Xu CL, Yan CH
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 3
- Thermal Calcination-Based Production of SnO₂ Nanopowder: An Analysis of SnO₂ Nanoparticle Characteristics and Antibacterial Activities.
- Authors: Al-Hada NM, Kamari HM, Baqer AA, Shaari AH, Saion E
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 17
- Nanofibers Comprising Yolk-Shell Sn@void@SnO/SnO₂ and Hollow SnO/SnO₂ and SnO₂ Nanospheres via the Kirkendall Diffusion Effect and Their Electrochemical Properties.
- Authors: Cho JS, Kang YC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep