Si Hybrid Solar Cells with 13% Efficiency via Concurrent Improvement in Optical and Electrical Properties by Employing Graphene Quantum Dots
AuthorsTsai, Meng Lin
Chang, Hung Chih
Tai, Shih Hsiang
Yang, Po Kang
Lau, Shu Ping
Chen, Lih Juann
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBy employing graphene quantum dots (GQDs) in PEDOT:PSS, we have achieved an efficiency of 13.22% in Si/PEDOT:PSS hybrid solar cells. The efficiency enhancement is based on concurrent improvement in optical and electrical properties by the photon downconversion process and the improved conductivity of PEDOT:PSS via appropriate incorporation of GQDs. After introducing GQDs into PEDOT:PSS, the short circuit current and the fill factor of rear-contact optimized hybrid cells are increased from 32.11 to 36.26 mA/cm and 62.85% to 63.87%, respectively. The organic-inorganic hybrid solar cell obtained herein holds the promise for developing photon-managing, low-cost, and highly efficient photovoltaic devices.
CitationTsai M-L, Wei W-R, Tang L, Chang H-C, Tai S-H, et al. (2016) Si Hybrid Solar Cells with 13% EfficiencyviaConcurrent Improvement in Optical and Electrical Properties by Employing Graphene Quantum Dots. ACS Nano 10: 815–821. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.5b05928.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong (Project No. PolyU 153012/14P) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC Grant No. 11374250).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Efficiency Enhancement of Silicon Heterojunction Solar Cells via Photon Management Using Graphene Quantum Dot as Downconverters.
- Authors: Tsai ML, Tu WC, Tang L, Wei TC, Wei WR, Lau SP, Chen LJ, He JH
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 13
- Low-Pressure-Assisted Coating Method To Improve Interface between PEDOT:PSS and Silicon Nanotips for High-Efficiency Organic/Inorganic Hybrid Solar Cells via Solution Process.
- Authors: Subramani T, Syu HJ, Liu CT, Hsueh CC, Yang ST, Lin CF
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 27
- PEDOT:PSS/graphene quantum dots films with enhanced thermoelectric properties via strong interfacial interaction and phase separation.
- Authors: Du FP, Cao NN, Zhang YF, Fu P, Wu YG, Lin ZD, Shi R, Amini A, Cheng C
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 24
- Embedded Metal Electrode for Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Nanowire Solar Cells.
- Authors: Um HD, Choi D, Choi A, Seo JH, Seo K
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 27
- Improved PEDOT:PSS/c-Si hybrid solar cell using inverted structure and effective passivation.
- Authors: Zhang X, Yang D, Yang Z, Guo X, Liu B, Ren X, Liu SF
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 11