Atomic-Monolayer MoS2 Band-to-Band Tunneling Field-Effect Transistor
AuthorsLan, Yann Wen
Torres, Carlos M.
Tsai, Shin Hung
Yeh, Wen Kuan
Wang, Kang L.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622134
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe experimental observation of band-to-band tunneling in novel tunneling field-effect transistors utilizing a monolayer of MoS2 as the conducting channel is demonstrated. Our results indicate that the strong gate-coupling efficiency enabled by two-dimensional materials, such as monolayer MoS2, results in the direct manifestation of a band-to-band tunneling current and an ambipolar transport.
CitationLan Y-W, Torres CM, Tsai S-H, Zhu X, Shi Y, et al. (2016) Atomic-Monolayer MoS2 Band-to-Band Tunneling Field-Effect Transistor. Small 12: 5676–5683. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201601310.
SponsorsY.-W.L. and C.M.T. contributed equally to this work. This work was in part supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) under Award No. NSF-EFRI-1433541. C.M.T.Jr. thanks the Department of Defense SMART (Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation) Scholarship for graduate scholarship funding. This research was funded in part by the National Science Council of Taiwan under Contract No. NSC 103-2917-I-564-017. The authors would like to acknowledge the collaboration of this research with King Abdul-Aziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) via The Center of Excellence for Green Nanotechnologies (CEGN). K.L.W., Y.-W.L., and C.M.T.Jr. conceived the idea and designed the experiments; Y.-W.L. and C.M.T.Jr. performed the electrical measurements; L.-J.L., M.Y.L., and Y.S. synthesized and contributed the materials; C.M.T.Jr. fabricated the devices; Y.-W.L., X. Z., W.-K.Y. and S.-H.T. analyzed the data. All of the authors discussed the results and wrote the paper together.
- Toward low-power electronics: tunneling phenomena in transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Authors: Das S, Prakash A, Salazar R, Appenzeller J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 25
- Transition metal chalcogenides: ultrathin inorganic materials with tunable electronic properties.
- Authors: Heine T
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 20
- MoS<sub>2</sub> /Rubrene van der Waals Heterostructure: Toward Ambipolar Field-Effect Transistors and Inverter Circuits.
- Authors: He X, Chow W, Liu F, Tay B, Liu Z
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Transport Properties of a MoS2/WSe2 Heterojunction Transistor and Its Potential for Application.
- Authors: Nourbakhsh A, Zubair A, Dresselhaus MS, Palacios T
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 10
- Hole Transport in Exfoliated Monolayer MoS<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Ponomarev E, Pásztor Á, Waelchli A, Scarfato A, Ubrig N, Renner C, Morpurgo AF
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 27