Merging Visible Light Photoredox Catalysis with Metal Catalyzed C–H Activations: On the Role of Oxygen and Superoxide Ions as Oxidants
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-08-24
Print Publication Date2016-09-20
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/622072
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConspectusThe development of efficient catalytic systems for direct aromatic C-H bond functionalization is a long-desired goal of chemists, because these protocols provide environmental friendly and waste-reducing alternatives to classical methodologies for C-C and C-heteroatom bond formation. A key challenge for these transformations is the reoxidation of the in situ generated metal hydride or low-valent metal complexes of the primary catalytic bond forming cycle. To complete the catalytic cycle and to regenerate the C-H activation catalyst, (super)stoichiometric amounts of Cu(II) or Ag(I) salts have often been applied. Recently,
CitationFabry DC, Rueping M (2016) Merging Visible Light Photoredox Catalysis with Metal Catalyzed C–H Activations: On the Role of Oxygen and Superoxide Ions as Oxidants. Accounts of Chemical Research 49: 1969–1979. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.accounts.6b00275.
SponsorsThe research leading to the results reported has received funding from the European Research Council under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP/2007-2013)/ERC Grant Agreement No. 617044 (SunCatChem).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalAccounts of Chemical Research
- Merging Visible Light Photoredox and Gold Catalysis.
- Authors: Hopkinson MN, Tlahuext-Aca A, Glorius F
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 18
- Transition-metal-catalyzed C-N bond forming reactions using organic azides as the nitrogen source: a journey for the mild and versatile C-H amination.
- Authors: Shin K, Kim H, Chang S
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 21
- Shining Light on Copper: Unique Opportunities for Visible-Light-Catalyzed Atom Transfer Radical Addition Reactions and Related Processes.
- Authors: Reiser O
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 20
- Free Radical Chemistry Enabled by Visible Light-Induced Electron Transfer.
- Authors: Staveness D, Bosque I, Stephenson CR
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 18
- Copper-Catalyzed Aerobic Oxidations of Organic Molecules: Pathways for Two-Electron Oxidation with a Four-Electron Oxidant and a One-Electron Redox-Active Catalyst.
- Authors: McCann SD, Stahl SS
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 16