A Microfiltration Polymer-Based Hollow-Fiber Cathode as a Promising Advanced Material for Simultaneous Recovery of Energy and Water
Bettahalli Narasimha, Murthy Srivatsa
Nunes, Suzana Pereira
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Advanced Nanofabrication and Thin Film Core Lab
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Grant NumberFCC/1/1971-05-01
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel electrocatalytic and microfiltration polymeric hollow fiber is fabricated for simultaneous recovery of energy (H2) and clean fresh water from wastewater, hence addressing two grand challenges facing society in the current century (i.e., providing adequate supplies of clean fresh water and energy as the world's population increases).
CitationKaturi KP, Bettahalli NMS, Wang X, Matar G, Chisca S, et al. (2016) A Microfiltration Polymer-Based Hollow-Fiber Cathode as a Promising Advanced Material for Simultaneous Recovery of Energy and Water. Advanced Materials 28: 9504–9511. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201603074.
SponsorsK.P.K. and N.M.S.B contributed equally to this work. This work was supported by Center Competitive Funding Program (FCC/1/1971-05-01) from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. The authors thank Mr. Hyun Ho Hwang (Heno) at the Office of Academic Writing Services at KAUST for generating the ToC figure in this paper.
- Dual-Function Electrocatalytic and Macroporous Hollow-Fiber Cathode for Converting Waste Streams to Valuable Resources Using Microbial Electrochemical Systems.
- Authors: Katuri KP, Kalathil S, Ragab A, Bian B, Alqahtani MF, Pant D, Saikaly PE
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- A low-cost mullite-titania composite ceramic hollow fiber microfiltration membrane for highly efficient separation of oil-in-water emulsion.
- Authors: Zhu L, Chen M, Dong Y, Tang CY, Huang A, Li L
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- A novel anaerobic electrochemical membrane bioreactor (AnEMBR) with conductive hollow-fiber membrane for treatment of low-organic strength solutions.
- Authors: Katuri KP, Werner CM, Jimenez-Sandoval RJ, Chen W, Jeon S, Logan BE, Lai Z, Amy GL, Saikaly PE
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 4
- Graphene-Coated Hollow Fiber Membrane as the Cathode in Anaerobic Electrochemical Membrane Bioreactors--Effect of Configuration and Applied Voltage on Performance and Membrane Fouling.
- Authors: Werner CM, Katuri KP, Hari AR, Chen W, Lai Z, Logan BE, Amy GL, Saikaly PE
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 19
- Impact of polymer flocculants on coagulation-microfiltration of surface water.
- Authors: Wang S, Liu C, Li Q
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 1