Quantum Cascade Laser Measurements of Line Intensities, N2-, O2- and Ar- Collisional Broadening Coefficients of N2O in the 3 Band Near 4.5 m
KAUST DepartmentChemical Kinetics & Laser Sensors Laboratory
Clean Combustion Research Center
Mechanical Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-04-18
Print Publication Date2016-06
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621762
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study deals with precise measurements of absolute line intensities, N2-, O2- and Ar- collisional broadening coefficients of N2O in the P-branch of the ν3 vibrational band near 4.5 μm. Collisional broadening coefficients of N2O-air are derived from the N2- and O2- broadening contributions by considering an ideal atmospheric composition. Studies are performed at room temperature for 10 rotational transitions over 2190-2202 cm-1 spectral range using a distributed-feedback quantum cascade laser. To retrieve spectroscopic parameters for each individual transition, measured absorption line shape is simulated within Voigt and Galatry profiles. The obtained results compare well with previous experimental data available in the literature: the discrepancies being less than 4% for most of the probed transitions. The spectroscopic data reported here are very useful for the design of sensors used to monitor the abundance of N2O in earth's atmosphere. © The Author(s) 2016.
CitationEs-sebbar E -t., Deli M, Farooq A (2016) Quantum Cascade Laser Measurements of Line Intensities, N2-, O2- and Ar- Collisional Broadening Coefficients of N2O in the 3 Band Near 4.5 m. Applied Spectroscopy 70: 972–982. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0003702816641272.
- Line intensities and temperature-dependent line broadening coefficients of Q-branch transitions in the v<sub>2</sub> band of ammonia near 10.4 μm.
- Authors: Sur R, Spearrin RM, Peng WY, Strand CL, Jeffries JB, Enns GM, Hanson RK
- Issue date: 2016 May
- N2-, O2- and He-collision-induced broadening of sulfur dioxide ro-vibrational lines in the 9.2 μm atmospheric window.
- Authors: Tasinato N, Pietropolli Charmet A, Stoppa P, Giorgianni S, Buffa G
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 24
- Absorption lines measurements of carbon disulfide at 4.6 μm with quantum cascade laser absorption spectroscopy.
- Authors: Yang C, Deng H, Qian Y, Li M, Chen B, Xu Z, Kan R
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 15
- Spectral Intensity and Lineshape Measurements in the First Overtone Band of HF Using Tunable Diode Lasers.
- Authors: Chou SI, Baer DS, Hanson RK
- Issue date: 1999 May
- Detection and spectroscopy of the v1 + v3 band of N2O by difference-frequency spectrometer at 3 microm.
- Authors: Bruno A, Pesce G, Rusciano G, Sasso A
- Issue date: 2002 Sep