Synthesis, Structure and Catalytic Activity of NHC-AgICarboxylate Complexes
AuthorsWong, Valerie H. L.
Vummaleti, Sai V. C.
White, Andrew J. P.
Nolan, Steven P.
Hii, King Kuok Mimi
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621714
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA general synthetic route was used to prepare 15 new N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC)–AgI complexes bearing anionic carboxylate ligands [Ag(NHC)(O2CR)], including a homologous series of complexes of sterically flexible ITent ligands, which permit a systematic spectroscopic and theoretical study of the structural and electronic features of these compounds. The complexes displayed a significant ligand-accelerated effect in the intramolecular cyclisation of propargylic amides to oxazolidines. The substrate scope is highly complementary to that previously achieved by NHC–Au and pyridyl–AgI complexes. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
CitationWong VHL, Vummaleti SVC, Cavallo L, White AJP, Nolan SP, et al. (2016) Synthesis, Structure and Catalytic Activity of NHC-AgICarboxylate Complexes. Chemistry - A European Journal 22: 13320–13327. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chem.201601762.
SponsorsThe authors are grateful to NUS and the Imperial College London for the award of a scholarship (to V.H.L.W.). L.C. and S.P.N. thank the KAUST for support through the CCF project.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Well-defined N-heterocyclic carbene silver halides of 1-cyclohexyl-3-arylmethylimidazolylidenes: synthesis, structure and catalysis in A3-reaction of aldehydes, amines and alkynes.
- Authors: Li Y, Chen X, Song Y, Fang L, Zou G
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 7
- Silver(I) complexes of mono- and bidentate N-heterocyclic carbene ligands: synthesis, crystal structures, and in vitro antibacterial and anticancer studies.
- Authors: Haque RA, Choo SY, Budagumpi S, Iqbal MA, Al-Ashraf Abdullah A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27
- Influence of bulky yet flexible N-heterocyclic carbene ligands in gold catalysis.
- Authors: Collado A, Patrick SR, Gasperini D, Meiries S, Nolan SP
- Issue date: 2015
- Synthesis, characterization and catalytic activity of saturated and unsaturated N-heterocyclic carbene iridium(i) complexes.
- Authors: Chang YH, Fu CF, Liu YH, Peng SM, Chen JT, Liu ST
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 7
- Heterobimetallic N-Heterocyclic Carbene Complexes: A Synthetic, Spectroscopic, and Theoretical Study.
- Authors: Pell TP, Wilson DJ, Skelton BW, Dutton JL, Barnard PJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 18