Visible-Light Photoredox-Catalyzed Giese Reaction: Decarboxylative Addition of Amino Acid Derived α-Amino Radicals to Electron-Deficient Olefins
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-06-20
Print Publication Date2016-09-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621688
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA tin- and halide-free, visible-light photoredox-catalyzed Giese reaction was developed. Primary and secondary α-amino radicals were generated readily from amino acids in the presence of catalytic amounts of an iridium photocatalyst. The reactivity of the α-amino radicals has been evaluated for the functionalization of a variety of activated olefins. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
CitationMillet A, Lefebvre Q, Rueping M (2016) Visible-Light Photoredox-Catalyzed Giese Reaction: Decarboxylative Addition of Amino Acid Derived α-Amino Radicals to Electron-Deficient Olefins. Chemistry - A European Journal 22: 13464–13468. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chem.201602257.
SponsorsEuropean Research Council
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Photocatalytic decarboxylative reduction of carboxylic acids and its application in asymmetric synthesis.
- Authors: Cassani C, Bergonzini G, Wallentin CJ
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 15
- Inter- and intramolecular addition reactions of electron-deficient alkenes with alkyl radicals, generated by SET-photochemical decarboxylation of carboxylic acids, serve as a mild and efficient method for the preparation of gamma-amino acids and macrocyclic lactones.
- Authors: Yoshimi Y, Masuda M, Mizunashi T, Nishikawa K, Maeda K, Koshida N, Itou T, Morita T, Hatanaka M
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 15
- Dual Catalytic Decarboxylative Allylations of α-Amino Acids and Their Divergent Mechanisms.
- Authors: Lang SB, O'Nele KM, Douglas JT, Tunge JA
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 14
- Transition-metal-free visible-light photoredox catalysis at room-temperature for decarboxylative fluorination of aliphatic carboxylic acids by organic dyes.
- Authors: Wu X, Meng C, Yuan X, Jia X, Qian X, Ye J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 28
- Room temperature decarboxylative trifluoromethylation of α,β-unsaturated carboxylic acids by photoredox catalysis.
- Authors: Xu P, Abdukader A, Hu K, Cheng Y, Zhu C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 4