Trifluoromethylselenolation of Aryldiazonium Salts: A Mild and Convenient Copper-Catalyzed Procedure for the Introduction of the SeCF3Group
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe straightforward introduction of the trifluoromethylseleno group into aromatic and heteroaromatic compounds is accomplished by the utilization of readily available aryldiazonium tetrafluoroborates, potassium selenocyanate, and Ruppert-Prakash reagent. The reaction tolerates a wide range of aromatic and heteroaromatic diazonium salts and is also amenable to the synthesis of pentafluoroethyl selenoethers. Furthermore, the methodology can be applied directly starting from anilines. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationNikolaienko P, Rueping M (2016) Trifluoromethylselenolation of Aryldiazonium Salts: A Mild and Convenient Copper-Catalyzed Procedure for the Introduction of the SeCF3Group. Chem Eur J 22: 2620–2623. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chem.201504601.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Sandmeyer-Type Trifluoromethylthiolation and Trifluoromethylselenolation of (Hetero)Aromatic Amines Catalyzed by Copper.
- Authors: Matheis C, Wagner V, Goossen LJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 4
- Nickel-Catalyzed Trifluoromethylselenolation of Aryl Halides Using the Readily Available [Me<sub>4</sub>N][SeCF<sub>3</sub>] Salt.
- Authors: Han JB, Dong T, Vicic DA, Zhang CP
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Renaissance of Sandmeyer-Type Reactions: Conversion of Aromatic C-N Bonds into C-X Bonds (X = B, Sn, P, or CF<sub>3</sub>).
- Authors: Mo F, Qiu D, Zhang Y, Wang J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 20
- Copper-catalyzed trifluoromethylselenolation of aryl and alkyl halides: the silver effect in transmetalation.
- Authors: Chen C, Hou C, Wang Y, Hor TS, Weng Z
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 17
- Convenient and General Zinc-Catalyzed Borylation of Aryl Diazonium Salts and Aryltriazenes under Mild Conditions.
- Authors: Qi X, Jiang LB, Zhou C, Peng JB, Wu XF
- Issue date: 2017 Jun