Solid-State NMR and DFT Studies on the Formation of Well-Defined Silica-Supported Tantallaaziridines: From Synthesis to Catalytic Application
El Eter, Mohamad
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621685
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSingle-site, well-defined, silica-supported tantallaaziridine intermediates [≡Si-O-Ta(η2-NRCH2)(NMe2)2] [R=Me (2), Ph (3)] were prepared from silica-supported tetrakis(dimethylamido)tantalum [≡Si-O-Ta(NMe2)4] (1) and fully characterized by FTIR spectroscopy, elemental analysis, and 1H,13C HETCOR and DQ TQ solid-state (SS) NMR spectroscopy. The formation mechanism, by β-H abstraction, was investigated by SS NMR spectroscopy and supported by DFT calculations. The C-H activation of the dimethylamide ligand is favored for R=Ph. The results from catalytic testing in the hydroaminoalkylation of alkenes were consistent with the N-alkyl aryl amine substrates being more efficient than N-dialkyl amines. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationHamzaoui B, Pelletier JDA, Abou-Hamad E, Chen Y, El Eter M, et al. (2016) Solid-State NMR and DFT Studies on the Formation of Well-Defined Silica-Supported Tantallaaziridines: From Synthesis to Catalytic Application. Chem Eur J 22: 3000–3008. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chem.201504439.
SponsorsThe authors wish to thank King Abdullah University of Science and Technology for continuous support.
JournalChemistry - A European Journal
- Tantallaaziridines: from synthesis to catalytic applications.
- Authors: Lauzon JM, Schafer LL
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 14
- Tungsten(VI) Carbyne/Bis(carbene) Tautomerization Enabled by N-Donor SBA15 Surface Ligands: A Solid-State NMR and DFT Study.
- Authors: Bendjeriou-Sedjerari A, Sofack-Kreutzer J, Minenkov Y, Abou-Hamad E, Hamzaoui B, Werghi B, Anjum DH, Cavallo L, Huang KW, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5
- Phenalenyl-based organozinc catalysts for intramolecular hydroamination reactions: a combined catalytic, kinetic, and mechanistic investigation of the catalytic cycle.
- Authors: Mukherjee A, Sen TK, Ghorai PK, Samuel PP, Schulzke C, Mandal SK
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 20
- Synthesis and catalytic activity of group 5 metal amides with chiral biaryldiamine-based ligands.
- Authors: Zhang F, Song H, Zi G
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 21
- Hydrazine N-N Bond Cleavage over Silica-Supported Tantalum-Hydrides.
- Authors: Jia HP, Gouré E, Solans-Monfort X, Llop Castelbou J, Chow C, Taoufik M, Eisenstein O, Quadrelli EA
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 21