Photoredox-Catalyzed Ketyl–Olefin Coupling for the Synthesis of Substituted Chromanols
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA visible light photoredox-catalyzed aldehyde olefin cyclization is reported. The method represents a formal hydroacylation of alkenes and alkynes and provides chromanol derivatives in good yields. The protocol takes advantage of the double role played by trialkylamines (NR3) which act as (i) electron donors for reducing the catalyst and (ii) proton donors to activate the substrate via a proton-coupled electron transfer. © 2016 American Chemical Society.
CitationFava E, Nakajima M, Nguyen ALP, Rueping M (2016) Photoredox-Catalyzed Ketyl–Olefin Coupling for the Synthesis of Substituted Chromanols. The Journal of Organic Chemistry 81: 6959–6964. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.6b01006.
SponsorsEuropean Research Council
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalThe Journal of Organic Chemistry
- Catalytic ketyl-olefin cyclizations enabled by proton-coupled electron transfer.
- Authors: Tarantino KT, Liu P, Knowles RR
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 10
- Enantioselective photoredox catalysis enabled by proton-coupled electron transfer: development of an asymmetric aza-pinacol cyclization.
- Authors: Rono LJ, Yayla HG, Wang DY, Armstrong MF, Knowles RR
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 27
- Reductive Umpolung of Carbonyl Derivatives with Visible-Light Photoredox Catalysis: Direct Access to Vicinal Diamines and Amino Alcohols via α-Amino Radicals and Ketyl Radicals.
- Authors: Fava E, Millet A, Nakajima M, Loescher S, Rueping M
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- Asymmetric [3+2] Photocycloadditions of Cyclopropanes with Alkenes or Alkynes through Visible-Light Excitation of Catalyst-Bound Substrates.
- Authors: Huang X, Lin J, Shen T, Harms K, Marchini M, Ceroni P, Meggers E
- Issue date: 2018 May 4
- Rh-catalyzed intramolecular olefin hydroacylation: enantioselective synthesis of seven- and eight-membered heterocycles.
- Authors: Coulter MM, Dornan PK, Dong VM
- Issue date: 2009 May 27