Photoredox-Catalyzed Ketyl–Olefin Coupling for the Synthesis of Substituted Chromanols
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-07-21
Print Publication Date2016-08-19
Embargo End Date2017-07-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621684
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA visible light photoredox-catalyzed aldehyde olefin cyclization is reported. The method represents a formal hydroacylation of alkenes and alkynes and provides chromanol derivatives in good yields. The protocol takes advantage of the double role played by trialkylamines (NR3) which act as (i) electron donors for reducing the catalyst and (ii) proton donors to activate the substrate via a proton-coupled electron transfer. © 2016 American Chemical Society.
CitationFava E, Nakajima M, Nguyen ALP, Rueping M (2016) Photoredox-Catalyzed Ketyl–Olefin Coupling for the Synthesis of Substituted Chromanols. The Journal of Organic Chemistry 81: 6959–6964. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.6b01006.
SponsorsEuropean Research Council
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalThe Journal of Organic Chemistry
- Catalytic ketyl-olefin cyclizations enabled by proton-coupled electron transfer.
- Authors: Tarantino KT, Liu P, Knowles RR
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 10
- Reductive Umpolung of Carbonyl Derivatives with Visible-Light Photoredox Catalysis: Direct Access to Vicinal Diamines and Amino Alcohols via α-Amino Radicals and Ketyl Radicals.
- Authors: Fava E, Millet A, Nakajima M, Loescher S, Rueping M
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- Enantioselective photoredox catalysis enabled by proton-coupled electron transfer: development of an asymmetric aza-pinacol cyclization.
- Authors: Rono LJ, Yayla HG, Wang DY, Armstrong MF, Knowles RR
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 27
- Merging Visible Light Photoredox and Gold Catalysis.
- Authors: Hopkinson MN, Tlahuext-Aca A, Glorius F
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 18
- Catalytic defluorinative ketyl-olefin coupling by halogen-atom transfer.
- Authors: Bellotti P, Huang HM, Faber T, Laskar R, Glorius F
- Issue date: 2022 Jul 6