KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-05-09
Print Publication Date2016-06-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621679
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe presence of a Fe-FeAl2O4 structure over an Fe-Al2O3 catalysts is demonstrated to be vital for the catalytic methane decomposition (CMD) activity. After H2 reduction at 750°C, Fe-Al2O3 prepared by means of a fusion method, containing 86.5wt% FeAl2O4 and 13.5wt% Fe0, showed a stable CMD activity at 750°C for as long as 10h. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZhou L, Enakonda LR, Saih Y, Loptain S, Gary D, et al. (2016) Catalytic Methane Decomposition over Fe-Al2O3. ChemSusChem 9: 1243–1248. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cssc.201600310.
SponsorsThe work has been supported by Air Liquide. We would like to thank Dr. Sergei Loptain for TEM measurements.
- Methane-induced Activation Mechanism of Fused Ferric Oxide-Alumina Catalysts during Methane Decomposition.
- Authors: Reddy Enakonda L, Zhou L, Saih Y, Ould-Chikh S, Lopatin S, Gary D, Del-Gallo P, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 9
- [Fe-ZSM-5 catalysts with different silica-alumina ratios for N2O, catalytic decomposition].
- Authors: Lu RJ, Zhang XY, Hao ZP
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Selective catalytic oxidation of H₂S over iron oxide supported on alumina-intercalated Laponite clay catalysts.
- Authors: Zhang X, Dou G, Wang Z, Li L, Wang Y, Wang H, Hao Z
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 15
- One-Pot 2-Methyltetrahydrofuran Production from Levulinic Acid in Green Solvents Using Ni-Cu/Al2 O3 Catalysts.
- Authors: Obregón I, Gandarias I, Miletić N, Ocio A, Arias PL
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 26
- Self-Assembled Pd@CeO<sub>2</sub> /γ-Al<sub>2</sub> O<sub>3</sub> Catalysts with Enhanced Activity for Catalytic Methane Combustion.
- Authors: Feng X, Li W, Liu D, Zhang Z, Duan Y, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2017 Aug