Host–Guest Chirality Interplay: A Mutually Induced Formation of a Chiral ZMOF and Its Double-Helix Polymer Guests
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621673
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel homochiral zeolite-like metal-organic framework (ZMOF), [(Cu4I4) (dabco)2]·[Cu2(bbimb)]·3DMF (JLU-Liu23, dabco =1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]-octane, H2bbimb =1,3-bis(2-benzimidazol)benzene, DMF = N,N-dimethylformamide), has been successfully constructed to host unprecedented DNA-like [Cu2(bbimb)]n polymers with double-helicity. The host-guest chirality interplay permitted the induced formation of an unusual gyroid MOF with homochirality and helical channels in the framework for the first time, JLU-Liu23. Importantly, the enantiomeric pairs (23P, 23M) can be promoted and isolated in the presence of appropriate chiral inducing agents, affording enantioselective separation of chiral molecules as well as small gas molecules. © 2016 American Chemical Society.
CitationLuo X, Cao Y, Wang T, Li G, Li J, et al. (2016) Host–Guest Chirality Interplay: A Mutually Induced Formation of a Chiral ZMOF and Its Double-Helix Polymer Guests. Journal of the American Chemical Society 138: 786–789. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jacs.5b12516.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Natural Science Foundation of China (nos. 21373095, 21371067, and 21171064).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Homochiral zeolite-like metal-organic framework with DNA like double-helicity structure as stationary phase for capillary electrochromatography enantioseparation.
- Authors: Pan C, Lv W, Niu X, Wang G, Chen H, Chen X
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 16
- Oriented circular dichroism analysis of chiral surface-anchored metal-organic frameworks grown by liquid-phase epitaxy and upon loading with chiral guest compounds.
- Authors: Gu ZG, Bürck J, Bihlmeier A, Liu J, Shekhah O, Weidler PG, Azucena C, Wang Z, Heissler S, Gliemann H, Klopper W, Ulrich AS, Wöll C
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 4
- Modular, homochiral, porous coordination polymers: rational design, enantioselective guest exchange sorption and ab initio calculations of host-guest interactions.
- Authors: Dybtsev DN, Yutkin MP, Samsonenko DG, Fedin VP, Nuzhdin AL, Bezrukov AA, Bryliakov KP, Talsi EP, Belosludov RV, Mizuseki H, Kawazoe Y, Subbotin OS, Belosludov VR
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 10
- Assembly of Zeolite-like Metal-Organic Framework: An Indium-ZMOF Possessing GIS Topology and High CO<sub>2</sub> Capture.
- Authors: Zou L, Sun X, Yuan J, Li G, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 4
- Superficial Chiral Etching on Achiral Metal-Organic Framework for Enantioselective Sorption.
- Authors: Hou X, Xu T, Wang Y, Liu S, Tong J, Liu B
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 20