Homo-Tandem Polymer Solar Cells withVOC>1.8 V for Efficient PV-Driven Water Splitting
Le Corre, Vincent M.
Hamid, Mahmoud Abdul
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621609
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfficient homo-tandem and triple-junction polymer solar cells are constructed by stacking identical subcells composed of the wide-bandgap polymer PBDTTPD, achieving power conversion efficiencies >8% paralleled by open-circuit voltages >1.8 V. The high-voltage homo-tandem is used to demonstrate PV-driven electrochemical water splitting with an estimated solar-to-hydrogen conversion efficiency of ≈6%. © 2016 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co.
CitationGao Y, Le Corre VM, Gaïtis A, Neophytou M, Hamid MA, et al. (2016) Homo-Tandem Polymer Solar Cells withVOC>1.8 V for Efficient PV-Driven Water Splitting. Advanced Materials 28: 3366–3373. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201504633.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge financial support under Baseline Research Funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Part of this work was supported by the Solar and Photovoltaic Energy Research Center (SPERC) at KAUST. Y.G. thanks Tatsuya Shinagawa for assisting in the water splitting study.
- Water Splitting with Series-Connected Polymer Solar Cells.
- Authors: Esiner S, van Eersel H, van Pruissen GW, Turbiez M, Wienk MM, Janssen RA
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 12
- Tandem and triple-junction polymer:nanocrystal hybrid solar cells consisting of identical subcells.
- Authors: Lu H, Bartynski AN, Greaney MJ, Thompson ME, Brutchey RL
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 22
- Highly Efficient Perovskite-Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells Reaching 80% of the Theoretical Limit in Photovoltage.
- Authors: Rajagopal A, Yang Z, Jo SB, Braly IL, Liang PW, Hillhouse HW, Jen AK
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- High-Performance Polymer Solar Cells Based on a Wide-Bandgap Polymer Containing Pyrrolo[3,4-<i>f</i>]benzotriazole-5,7-dione with a Power Conversion Efficiency of 8.63.
- Authors: Lan L, Chen Z, Hu Q, Ying L, Zhu R, Liu F, Russell TP, Huang F, Cao Y
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- An efficient triple-junction polymer solar cell having a power conversion efficiency exceeding 11%.
- Authors: Chen CC, Chang WH, Yoshimura K, Ohya K, You J, Gao J, Hong Z, Yang Y
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 27