Ultrafast static and diffusion-controlled electron transfer at Ag 29 nanocluster/molecular acceptor interfaces
AuthorsAly, Shawkat Mohammede
AbdulHalim, Lina G.
Besong, Tabot M.D.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Engineering Program
Chemical Science Program
Functional Nanomaterials Lab (FuNL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy and Four-dimensional Electron Imaging Research Group
KAUST Grant NumberURF/1/1741-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621601
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfficient absorption of visible light and a long-lived excited state lifetime of silver nanoclusters (Ag29 NCs) are integral properties for these new clusters to serve as light-harvesting materials. Upon optical excitation, electron injection at Ag29 NC/methyl viologen (MV2+) interfaces is very efficient and ultrafast. Interestingly, our femto- and nanosecond time-resolved results demonstrate clearly that both dynamic and static electron transfer mechanisms are involved in photoluminescence quenching of Ag29 NCs. © 2016 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationAly SM, AbdulHalim LG, Besong TMD, Soldan G, Bakr OM, et al. (2016) Ultrafast static and diffusion-controlled electron transfer at Ag 29 nanocluster/molecular acceptor interfaces . Nanoscale 8: 5412–5416. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5nr05328e.
SponsorsThe work reported here was supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). S. M. A. is grateful for the postdoctoral fellowship provided by Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). OMB, TMDB, LGA, and GS acknowledge the support of SABIC Presidential Career Development Chair (No. GIF/5/1830-01-01), and KAUST Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) Award No URF/1/1741-01. L. G. A gratefully acknowledges Mr Alberto Tosato for his assistance with the thin film fabrication.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Tuning Ag29 nanocluster light emission from red to blue with one and two-photon excitation.
- Authors: Russier-Antoine I, Bertorelle F, Hamouda R, Rayane D, Dugourd P, Sanader Ž, Bonačić-Koutecký V, Brevet PF, Antoine R
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 7
- Molecular-structure Control of Ultrafast Electron Injection at Cationic Porphyrin-CdTe Quantum Dot Interfaces.
- Authors: Aly SM, Ahmed GH, Shaheen BS, Sun J, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 5
- Ultrafast exciton dynamics and light-driven H2 evolution in colloidal semiconductor nanorods and Pt-tipped nanorods.
- Authors: Wu K, Zhu H, Lian T
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 17
- Realizing Visible Photoactivity of Metal Nanoparticles: Excited-State Behavior and Electron-Transfer Properties of Silver (Ag8) Clusters.
- Authors: Chen WT, Hsu YJ, Kamat PV
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 6
- Size-dependent excited state behavior of glutathione-capped gold clusters and their light-harvesting capacity.
- Authors: Stamplecoskie KG, Kamat PV
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 6