KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621559
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe quantify the low lattice thermal conductivity in layered BiCuSeO (the oxide with the highest known figure of merit). It turns out that the scattering of acoustical into optical phonons is strongly enhanced in the material because of the special structure of the phonon dispersion. For example, at room temperature the optical phonons account for an enormous 42% of the lattice thermal conductivity. We also quantify the anisotropy of the lattice thermal conductivity and determine the distribution of the mean free path of the phonons at different temperatures to provide a guide for tuning the thermal properties. © the Owner Societies 2016.
CitationKumar S, Schwingenschlögl U (2016) Lattice thermal conductivity in layered BiCuSeO. Phys Chem Chem Phys 18: 19158–19164. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c6cp02739c.
SponsorsThe research reported in this publication was supported by funding from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- A first-principles study on the phonon transport in layered BiCuOSe.
- Authors: Shao H, Tan X, Liu GQ, Jiang J, Jiang H
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 16
- Ultrahigh lattice thermal conductivity in topological semimetal TaN caused by a large acoustic-optical gap.
- Authors: Guo SD, Liu BG
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 14
- Strain effects on phonon transport in antimonene investigated using a first-principles study.
- Authors: Zhang AX, Liu JT, Guo SD, Li HC
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 7
- Anisotropic in-plane thermal conductivity of black phosphorus nanoribbons at temperatures higher than 100 K.
- Authors: Lee S, Yang F, Suh J, Yang S, Lee Y, Li G, Sung Choe H, Suslu A, Chen Y, Ko C, Park J, Liu K, Li J, Hippalgaonkar K, Urban JJ, Tongay S, Wu J
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 16
- Broadband phonon mean free path contributions to thermal conductivity measured using frequency domain thermoreflectance.
- Authors: Regner KT, Sellan DP, Su Z, Amon CH, McGaughey AJ, Malen JA
- Issue date: 2013