Highly Flexible and High-Performance Complementary Inverters of Large-Area Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Monolayers
KAUST DepartmentMaterial Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2016-03-23
Print Publication Date2016-06
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/621554
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComplementary inverters constructed from large-area monolayers of WSe2 and MoS2 achieve excellent logic swings and yield an extremely high gain, large total noise margin, low power consumption, and good switching speed. Moreover, the WSe2 complementary-like inverters built on plastic substrates exhibit high mechanical stability. The results provide a path toward large-area flexible electronics. © 2016 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationPu J, Funahashi K, Chen C-H, Li M-Y, Li L-J, et al. (2016) Highly Flexible and High-Performance Complementary Inverters of Large-Area Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Monolayers. Advanced Materials 28: 4111–4119. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201503872.
SponsorsT.T. was partially supported by the Funding Program for the Next Generation of World-Leading Researchers and Grants-in-Aid from MEXT (26107533 "Science of Atomic Layers" and 25000003 "Specially Promoted Research"). J.P. and K.F. was supported by the Leading Graduate Program in Science and Engineering, Waseda University from MEXT, and J.P. was also supported by the Research Fellowship for Young Scientists, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). L.-J.L. acknowledges support from KAUST (Saudi Arabia), Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan Consortium of Emergent Crystalline, Academia Sinica Taiwan, and AOARD-134137 (USA).
- Low Power Consumption Complementary Inverters with n-MoS2 and p-WSe2 Dichalcogenide Nanosheets on Glass for Logic and Light-Emitting Diode Circuits.
- Authors: Jeon PJ, Kim JS, Lim JY, Cho Y, Pezeshki A, Lee HS, Yu S, Min SW, Im S
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 14
- Highly Flexible Hybrid CMOS Inverter Based on Si Nanomembrane and Molybdenum Disulfide.
- Authors: Das T, Chen X, Jang H, Oh IK, Kim H, Ahn JH
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Chemically Tuned p- and n-Type WSe<sub>2</sub> Monolayers with High Carrier Mobility for Advanced Electronics.
- Authors: Ji HG, Solís-Fernández P, Yoshimura D, Maruyama M, Endo T, Miyata Y, Okada S, Ago H
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Static and Dynamic Performance of Complementary Inverters Based on Nanosheet α-MoTe2 p-Channel and MoS2 n-Channel Transistors.
- Authors: Pezeshki A, Hosseini Shokouh SH, Jeon PJ, Shackery I, Kim JS, Oh IK, Jun SC, Kim H, Im S
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 26
- Flexible CMOS-Like Circuits Based on Printed P-Type and N-Type Carbon Nanotube Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Zhang X, Zhao J, Dou J, Tange M, Xu W, Mo L, Xie J, Xu W, Ma C, Okazaki T, Cui Z
- Issue date: 2016 Sep